I'm interested in getting an orange tiny terror. I've played one at my shop and think it sounds great. I love the 15/7 watt feature. I currently have a peavey classic 30 that I've modded to 15 watts but it still has too much volume and not enough breakup for me. I really like the sound of the tiny terror.

One problem I see with it is the lack of an effects loop. I am worried this will be a one trick pony. I have a few pedals I like to use, besides my muff and OD I use delay and a loop pedal. I have tried the loop pedal with the classic 30 lead channel before(not in the effects loop) and it sounded pretty bad, especially the drum tracks. The TT is pretty dirty, will the Boss RC-2 looper sound bad through it all the time?
It's a one trick pony. It's flat and sterile, and it sounds bad with a delay in front, let alone a looper.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
i still think you had a bad one.

annnywho, you can mod the TT to have a loop, it isnt hard at all.

And that would be more money spent making an amp that's too expensive to begin with equal to others in the same price range.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
And that would be more money spent making an amp that's too expensive to begin with equal to others in the same price range.

for two 1/4'' jacks, some wiring, and (i think) a couple of resistors?

i'm just giving you a hard time.....dont squash me.

and to TS, i love my TT.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
for two 1/4'' jacks, some wiring, and (i think) a couple of resistors?

i'm just giving you a hard time.....dont squash me.

and to TS, i love my TT.

money's money, man...

Don't judge me.

i still wanna know what the eff you did to your jaw.

and to TS, a looper through the front might get a little unwarranted dirty, but thats something you'll have to play around with. i actually have never put my pedals through a loop, although mine mainly are good in front anyways.
mandibular osteotomy. they surgically broke it and pulled it forward 7mm.

and I tried a looper with my TT. sounded like fried ass.

Don't judge me.
liquid vicodin?

I need to get me some of that
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by theoreticmusic
mandibular osteotomy. they surgically broke it and pulled it forward 7mm.

ouch, hope you get all healed up right quick (although the vicodin will help you go to trippy-land)

Quote by theoreticmusic
and I tried a looper with my TT. sounded like fried ass.

sounds tasty.
Quote by theoreticmusic

Can you recommend other 10-15 watt in that price range that can get a nice crunch but that will work with a looper?
Egnater Rebel 20 has a loop.

Don't judge me.
Honestly the TT is overated.

I agree with the other guy its sterile and the OD to me is britle.

Look in to the vox AC15, much better amp with onboard pan reverb, tremolo, and master and volume knobs.

The AC15 can get just as dirty and sounds loads better, with an OD in front of it it gets pretty beastly.

The EQ is pretty useless tough, i just use the bass and treble as one, to make it more like a mid knob.

If the bass is at 6 ill put the treble at 6, if i want more mids ill just bring it up a notch to 7 and so forth and so forth.

EDIT:also screw the egnator its all right but not all that versatile and the dirt is pretty brittle on it aswell.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 18, 2009,
I agree with theoreticmusic, for when it comes to amps, he is a man of wisdom and great wit.

The TT is overrated IMO. Wait for the Vox Night Train if you haven't got one yet - they're a class above the TT. They have real cleans and OD with some real punch and character, for one.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
I agree with theoreticmusic, for when it comes to amps, he is a man of wisdom and great wit.

The TT is overrated IMO. Wait for the Vox Night Train if you haven't got one yet - they're a class above the TT. They have real cleans and OD with some real punch and character, for one.

Haha, sorry, Sir Shadow, I'm not a man who likes to sig his own praise.

+1. Night Train ought to be thoroughly awesome.

OP: I said the Rebel 20 has a loop, however, I've owned that sucker as well...and the loop is a bit noisy, the tube mix knob is gimmicky, and the wattage control knob does almost nothing for dynamics, and definitely not for volume. It costs $599 new because of most of the aforementioned features. Since those aren't that great, I qualify it as overpriced. However, it sounds worlds better than the TT.

Another option is the Blackheart Handsome Devil. Sounds pretty killer, IMO, especially for a crunch, but I don't actually know if it has a loop. worth checking out.

Finally, my number one recommendation: the Blackstar HT-5. Incredible amp, extremely well featured, extremely cheap, and has an effects loop.

Drawback? Only 5 watts. Do the maths. It's enough for me.

Don't judge me.
The TT is a good buy in the UK (if they haven't put the price up), there aren't many decent new valve amps for £300 in the uk.

I think the only genre that the TT is really good at is 80s metal, but that still requires a boost or OD. And time based effects (Delay/Looper/Reverb) will sound horrible unless you are planning on doing an fx loop mod.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by theoreticmusic
Haha, sorry, Sir Shadow, I'm not a man who likes to sig his own praise.

+1. Night Train ought to be thoroughly awesome.

OP: I said the Rebel 20 has a loop, however, I've owned that sucker as well...and the loop is a bit noisy, the tube mix knob is gimmicky, and the wattage control knob does almost nothing for dynamics, and definitely not for volume. It costs $599 new because of most of the aforementioned features. Since those aren't that great, I qualify it as overpriced. However, it sounds worlds better than the TT.

Another option is the Blackheart Handsome Devil. Sounds pretty killer, IMO, especially for a crunch, but I don't actually know if it has a loop. worth checking out.

Finally, my number one recommendation: the Blackstar HT-5. Incredible amp, extremely well featured, extremely cheap, and has an effects loop.

Drawback? Only 5 watts. Do the maths. It's enough for me.

This amp sounds perfect for what I need. I've listened to some demos, then did some searches to see if I could find one. Unfortunately it turns out Blackstar doesn't sell products in Canada. I did a search for dealers on their website and Canada isn't even an option for international dealers. Is there any amps with similar sound quality and an effects loop at this wattage that you know?

The Vox night train looks nice, but I'd prefer to get a combo, and it doesn't have an effects loop.
there's not. it's pretty much the godsend of the category.

Don't judge me.
I can't even order it from musician's friend and have it sent to Canada, it isn't allowed. Seems odd.
Yes. It does. Got friends in the US?

Don't judge me.