Page 1 of 3
Yeah.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Ummmm, tl;dr, could you maybe, explain, a little?
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Mar 17, 2009,
****ing deep
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
There's a reason that people make books: so they wouldn't have to read large pieces of text on a computer screen.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
No TLDR. Just read it. It takes about 5 minutes, you might learn something, or maybe even be a better person for it.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I don't know, I lost interest in the first opening paragraph about "Nice Humps". I'll read it later when I'm not so tired.
Follow me on Twitter
If I wanted to read, I'd read one of the short stories I need to do an analysis of. Sorry $h1t, but tl;dr from me too.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

tl;dr:

Girl A who is Hitler's secretary ignores the atrocities going on around her during WW2.

Girl B actively campaigns against these atrocities and is executed at the age of 21.

Girl A stumbles across Girl B's grave and has to deal with the pain of knowing that others had died rebelling against what she had ignored.

Moral: Be true to yourself, and you'll never regret it.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
tl;dr:

Girl A who is Hitler's secretary ignores the atrocities going on around her during WW2.

Girl B actively campaigns against these atrocities and is executed at the age of 21.

Girl A stumbles across Girl B's grave and has to deal with the pain of knowing that others had died rebelling against what she had ignored.

thank you kind sir.

*leaves*
I have no opinion on this matter.
Well the girl on the left may have a clear concience, but shes dead. the other girl made a mistake yes, but as it says she didnt actually do anything wrong as such - and she lived. Call me what you want but i know which girl id rather be.
Quote by Necrotise
i know which girl id rather be.

<.<

>.>

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by NakedInTheRain
tl;dr:

We learned about this in English then last month. If only this were posted earlier, my teacher would have loved me.
Follow me on Twitter
Moderately interesting.

Didn't really have much of a lasting impact on me. The first girl didn't really betray her conscious, she was just willfully unaware of what was going on around her, which is a different but very serious problem.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by RU Experienced?
Moderately interesting.

Didn't really have much of a lasting impact on me. The first girl didn't really betray her conscious, she was just willfully unaware of what was going on around her, which is a different but very serious problem.

But she DID betraying her conscious:

"Deliberately ignoring the voice of warning inside her, Trauld would enjoy her years with her new employer."

This is deep.. It definitely impacted me, it just goes to show how strong your conscious really is..
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aren't all voiceovers performed by Morgan Freeman?

I thought that was like a law or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KI2Bxcx8M
^^^^ Please watch this! we need more views to win $20 000!
Quote by Dumebuggy
But she DID betraying her conscious:

"Deliberately ignoring the voice of warning inside her, Trauld would enjoy her years with her new employer."

This is deep.. It definitely impacted me, it just goes to show how strong your conscious really is..

Voice of warning?

My ass. You get a voice of warning when you do something you know is going to be 'wrong.' She had no idea the atrocities her government was committing until significantly later.

Edit: "[she] was ignorant of the Nazi's crimes as they were being committed."
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by RU Experienced?
Voice of warning?

My ass. You get a voice of warning when you do something you know is going to be 'wrong.' She had no idea the atrocities her government was committing until significantly later.
The point is that she deliberately didn't care. She knew about the war, about the mistreatment of the Jews etc. She, and many others her age were excused because it was felt that they were too young to know, but the White Rose were that age and they died trying to stop it.
The point is that if everyone in the world were to behave more like Sophie Scholl and her brother then perhaps we wouldn't have had the holocaust and WW2, perhaps the world would be better.

You have to strive to be aware, knowledge doesn't just fall into your lap.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Mar 17, 2009,
^ It said she heard about the crimes against Jews (Obviously not the death camps, but still violence) and chose to ignore it without question.

EDIT: That was directed at the Towlie guy.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
The point is that she deliberately didn't care. She knew about the war, about the mistreatment of the Jews etc. She, and many others her age were excused because it was felt that they were too young to know, but the White Rose were that age and they died trying to stop it.
The point is that if everyone in the world were to behave more like Sophie Scholl and her brother then perhaps we wouldn't have had the holocaust and WW2, perhaps the world would be better.

or perhaps we would all be killed by the people we are rebelling against. only one of them survived.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

I'm aware of what the point is, I have no confusion about that. I'm saying that the other girl didn't really betray her conscious in the story.

You're right, she deliberately didn't care. In that historical context (and today, and throughout history) there were crimes/mistreatment of people based on religion and/or race or other factors all the time. Why would she think of it as a special case at the time? She was unaware of the crimes the Nazi's committed until afterwards. She did not betray her conscious in this sense, she was merely ignorant towards events happening around her.
Quote by Zugunruhe
or perhaps we would all be killed by the people we are rebelling against. only one of them survived.

"United we stand, Divided we fall"
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Zugunruhe

If more people cared, the fascists would have no power like to kill you.
The same happened in Argentina. Everyone knew about the people rebelling against the government disappearing, but everybody chose to just shut up, thus giving the government the power to make whatever it wanted.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Page 1 of 3