as the title suggests i need a guitar amp
preferably one that is good for metal
and i have a jackson JS1 dinky (as of tomorrow)
and i am somewhat a beginner
any ideas
Thanks in Advance
Last edited by satcre3 at Mar 17, 2009,
what budget do you have
where are you planning to use it (home, band practice, small gigs, big gigs)
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
home band practice and small gig
and i have a fairly small budget 250-400 AUS
im not looking for a stack or anything just a small one
id say get a small tube combo
maybe like a little orange or blackheart
something at like 5 watts
a small tube combo will not do metal dude

just get a roland cube damnit and use the search function
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

Quote by injected
a small tube combo will not do metal dude

just get a roland cube damnit and use the search function

hahaha i have played in a prog metal band for 3 years and been in a power metal band... i have never done any of my recording with anything but low wattage tube amps. that is how you find the perfect pedal setup and get the best tone possible. when it comes to practice perfect tone is somewhat essential. oh and being a dick is just rude.
roland cube 60... right @ budget if you get it used and you'll be set for a long time... I'm still more than happy with it after so many years. Great amp! No tube...yet... you'll be happier with this.
i dont mean progressive
i mean hardcore and the heavier versions of metal
Quote by iheartprog
hahaha i have played in a prog metal band for 3 years and been in a power metal band... i have never done any of my recording with anything but low wattage tube amps. that is how you find the perfect pedal setup and get the best tone possible. when it comes to practice perfect tone is somewhat essential. oh and being a dick is just rude.

this has been asked so many times im not being a dick im being straightforward

there is no such thing as a low wattage tube amp that will do metal. Or they're extremely expensive. Or they're actually a higher wattage and just have a low wattage switch. Or they're (expensive) rack equipment and preamps with a tiny power amp.

Happy?

a small little digital modeler is best for this dudes situation its not like he's playing stadiums he said he's a beginner
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.