BUDGET: LESS than $90 TOTAL and we're good. eBay is where i've been looking the most. i've seen a bunch of pedals on there that could fit the bill, but i don't have much experience with chorus pedals.

what i need: true bypass or really good buffer so that my tone is NOT affected while it's off. 9 volt adapter port so i can power with my onespot. adjustable rate and depth control of some sort. 90 DOLLARS OR LESS with everything included.

anything extra is nice, but i really need my priorities before bells and whistles. i use chorus for cleans in the style of slash on tracks such as Paradise City, Coma, and Don't Cry...so it's not like i need anything crazy, but if it fits the bill and can do it then that's just a bonus!!

i've had my eye on the ehx small clone so far. i've also seen a boss ch-1 and chorus ensemble and a few others....UG...WHAT DO I GET?!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
███████████████████████████████████
Last edited by tona_107 at Mar 17, 2009,
If all you need is a simple chorus for cleans, and you don't need anything fancy, EHX Small Clone is perfect. I use mine whenever I feel like playing GnR, and it works perfectly.

EDIT: And I doubt you'll find a Polychorus for 90$.
Last edited by The_Bosstone at Mar 17, 2009,
tona, thanks for reading my 'DO NOT GO OVER 90 DOLLARS' statement! lol...seriously though, i doubt i'd find a used polychorus for less than 50% of retail price.

so far the small clone is looking pretty good, but i also see a BBE mind bender that looks interesting...
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
tona, thanks for reading my 'DO NOT GO OVER 90 DOLLARS' statement! lol...seriously though, i doubt i'd find a used polychorus for less than 50% of retail price.

so far the small clone is looking pretty good, but i also see a BBE mind bender that looks interesting...

to be honest i didnt even read the op, just the title.
Small clone.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Small Clone, although it has the funky 1/16 port instead of 1/8 i think.

Its just like twice the size of a normal port so its like the size of a headphone jack.

You will probably have to get a side adapter for it, but its well worth it.

Or batteries, the old school way?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
nah man...dont get the small clone...its not true bypass and i think that was one of your requirements....get the BBE one, which is pretty good and its true bypass
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Quote by Otsugua713
nah man...dont get the small clone...its not true bypass and i think that was one of your requirements....get the BBE one, which is pretty good and its true bypass

....I'm like 90 percent sure its True Bypass.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
the small clone?....****, you learn something new everyday
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Last edited by Otsugua713 at Mar 18, 2009,
Quote by Otsugua713
the small clone?....****, you learn something new everyday

Yeah, I saw it advertised somewhere, and still the button is a bitch to press down which is usually a characteristic of TB.

(True Bypass, not Tuberculosis)
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by Otsugua713
nah man...dont get the small clone...its not true bypass

Unless you live several, several years ago, then yes, it is true bypass.
Quote by acdclandon
....I'm like 90 percent sure its True Bypass.

The nano version is, and it has a normal boss style jack for the power supply, I don't know about the big one.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
so the small clone doesn't have a power adapter slot that the onespot would fit right into? that's a big bummer...i don't want to have to get an adapter for it and i don't want to use batteries b/c i'm bought the onespot to get out of that, hmmm...

how is the boss ch-1?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
so the small clone doesn't have a power adapter slot that the onespot would fit right into? that's a big bummer...i don't want to have to get an adapter for it and i don't want to use batteries b/c i'm bought the onespot to get out of that, hmmm...

how is the boss ch-1?

the nano small clone has a normal Boss style power adapter jack, but yeah the big one uses this weird one.

I dunno about the CH-1, I like the CH-2 a lot, but it's kind of expensive and rare.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
^i dont want the nano...with JUST a rate knob, i'd prolly be looking for an upgrade within a month or less...and i've heard that it's not really compatible with onespot style power adapters anyway. either way, i still wouldn't get it since it's just a rate knob.

i've seen a boss chorus ensemble on eBay and i'm wondering if that'll do...but if it's too much on bells and whistles and not really that great at giving a lush chorus sound, then i don't want it.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH