I am having trouble my music theory homework. I don't quite understand how to draw intervals like on the treble clef. I know how to write perfect 4,5ths and octaves. Now if I gotta write a major 6th of a minor 3rd im lost. It seems so easy and I think im just second guessing myself.

Any help or a linking to where I can find what I need?
is too young to be versed in such grown up ways...

please listen to my band at www.drawntofury.com
For the second example you would just find the minor 3rd then a major 6th from that minor 3rd.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Have you gone over 2nd 3rds 6ths and 7ths yet? You are going to need to know that because those operate a little differently than the prime 4th, 5ths and octaves.
Quote by Metallica rulz
M3 is always on the next space of a space or next line of a line.

That would be a generic 3rd
They put our homework on powerpoint slides and we move the notes above or below the specified note. So like I have 4 notes on the treble clef and it gives me the name of the 4. Major 6th, Minor 6th, Major 6th, Minor 6th with sharps and flats below if needed. I just can't figure out which need a sharp or a flat!

Thanks for the help so far!

Quote by fierce1289
They put our homework on powerpoint slides and we move the notes above or below the specified note. So like I have 4 notes on the treble clef and it gives me the name of the 4. Major 6th, Minor 6th, Major 6th, Minor 6th with sharps and flats below if needed. I just can't figure out which need a sharp or a flat!

Thanks for the help so far!

You lost me now, I have no idea what your asking. Care to explain it differently?
I'm guessing this is all in key of C since they no keys with it. So my first slide is talking about 3rds. F (maj 3rd) G (minor 3rd) C (minor 3rd) E (major 3rd).

Quote by Guitarfreak777
You lost me now, I have no idea what your asking. Care to explain it differently?

We have 4 notes placed on a treble clef on a power point slide. Below the note is another note you drag to the correct spot for the specified interval (lets say major 6th). Then a flat and a sharp below to drag next to the note if needed.

Quote by fierce1289
I'm guessing this is all in key of C since they no keys with it. So my first slide is talking about 3rds. F (maj 3rd) G (minor 3rd) C (minor 3rd) E (major 3rd).

Nah key doesnt matter in general.
F M3> A This is because in a F major scale A is not sharp.
G m3> Bb Because in a G minor scale B is flat.
C m3> Eb. In a C minor scale E is flat
E M3> G#. because in a E major scale G is sharp.
See what i did there?
Quote by Metallica rulz
Nah key doesnt matter in general.
F M3> A This is because in a F major scale A is not sharp.
G m3> Bb Because in a G minor scale B is flat.
C m3> Eb. In a C minor scale E is flat
E M3> G#. because in a E major scale G is sharp.
See what i did there?

Wow finally something I can understand!!

So now G (major 6th) it be G M6 > E
and G (minor 6th) G m6 > Eb

right?