just for looks. i have two LEDs leading to two AAA batteries inside the back plate and a simple on/of switch mounted in the face plate. its separate from the rest of the wiring and doesn't interfear with any moving parts. can this still effect the sound? perhaps a static or something alike interference? thx
Probably not considering active electronics have batteries that function along with the guitar as well. You never know though - the lights could produce some excess hum if they're strong enough. That's the only thing I could think of.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
LEDs can cause hum, depending on how powerful they are and how close they are to the pickups it could cause a problem, but I think with only a couple it sound be ok as long as they aren't right next to the pups.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
It will be fine... I mean you aren't lighting it up like an xmas tree? led's are after all, diodes... and they draw verrrry miniscule amounts of current.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
I don't think a AAA would put out enough current to cause any interference anyway.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
The diodes won't cause any hum. They run of DC, AC caused hum. Plus there are probably 30 diodes inside your amp and it doesn't hum...
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
i saw a guy on utube that did this and it sounded fine. Looked killer to
I recently bought a glow guard for my strat upgrade and it must have about a dozen LED's in it, no excess hum to report. I would recommend that you shield the cavities with copper tape to minimise hum from external sources though, like T.V.s, P.C.s certian types of lights etc.

Here's a couple of pics I took while doing mine,
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/5/7/8/6/578643/pics/_c543437_image_0.JPG

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/profile_mojo_data/5/7/8/6/578643/pics/_c543433_image_0.JPG
Psst ! The fat man walks alone.
Gear :
Modded Strat w/ Iron Gear Pup's

Marshall JCM 2000 - DSL 401

Boss GT-10