My question, has anyone here been hired by them? You know the place that makes you sell ****ty knifes door-to-door, work on commission, don't get paid gas for driving your own car to each sales pitch bull****.

I worked for a day, the interview day and left. Never came back.

Then again about two years later, I was interviewed at a job that didn't lead on that I sold vacuums door to door, so I quit during the group interview thing. Just walked out saying I had to pee, and never came back.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
my cousin started for about 2 weeks, didnt sell a thing and left.
their knives are pretty cool though
I get there letters in the mail, it's a load of BS, I know of many people who have gone to interveiws and had it be this stuff. It's not worth it
Quote by bchig
my cousin started for about 2 weeks, didnt sell a thing and left.
their knives are pretty cool though

I don't remember the knifes.

I remember a big ass group "interview" which was just a big sales pitch of what bull**** you have to do.

Then a private talk with the hiring guy. He told me "I like your down to earth mentality"

I was confused, I sat in the back and didn't say much.
I thought their knives were pretty decent. They have a full tang, if you know what I mean.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Haha, I did the exact same thing you did.

Vector hired me and then I never went to training. It was such a poor fit since I hate talking and what a stupid deal anyway. Selling over-priced knives when people can barely afford gas nowadays. I'm pretty sure I mouthed the words, "What the hell am I doing here" when my interviewer turned her back.
Quote by merfsullivan
I thought their knives were pretty decent. They have a full tang, if you know what I mean.

The metal of the blade runs all the way through the handle?

That's what she said.
You're*
Quote by Larce
Haha, I did the exact same thing you did.

Vector hired me and then I never went to training. It was such a poor fit since I hate talking and what a stupid deal anyway. Selling over-priced knives when people can barely afford gas nowadays. I'm pretty sure I mouthed the words, "What the hell am I doing here" when my interviewer turned her back.

Yea, it's stupid. I didn't even go for training. I found out what I would have to do and never showed again.

Apparently they have people already working there sit in on these things to make it seem like it's okay and that people are excited for it, working the mob mentality thing you know?

Where is Michigan are you? I'm from Bland Crapids
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Yea, it's stupid. I didn't even go for training. I found out what I would have to do and never showed again.

Apparently they have people already working there sit in on these things to make it seem like it's okay and that people are excited for it, working the mob mentality thing you know?

Where is Michigan are you? I'm from Bland Crapids

I'm in Battle Creek. I had to go to K-zoo for the interview since BC is a depressing ghost town. I think GR has a little going for it eh?
Quote by Larce
I'm in Battle Creek. I had to go to K-zoo for the interview since BC is a depressing ghost town. I think GR has a little going for it eh?

All it has is jobs you will eventually get laid off from, and people condemning you to hell for random reasons, and bars, the bars are all that matter.
I got hired, went to the first training session and thought it was BS. I can't just mindlessly repeat that nonsense. Being a salesman has to be the worst job ever IMO
To atone a sin I didn't care for, but a sin that paid my debts
A sin that fed my children and burned my smiles and cigarettes
Quote by DoTheEvolution
All it has is jobs you will eventually get laid off from, and people condemning you to hell for random reasons, and bars, the bars are all that matter.

I like going to The Intersection.
Quote by Weiss_xc
I got hired, went to the first training session and thought it was BS. I can't just mindlessly repeat that nonsense. Being a salesman has to be the worst job ever IMO

I would agree.

I have a soul and I can't sell my soul to sell **** to people I don't know.

I thought it through though. I was hired by two places to sell ****, one was knives the other was vacuums. I could go in pitching the knives and when they say no, cut myself and bleed all over the floor and then show them the vacuums. Two sales in one! They would buy the knifes for feeling like assholes and the vacuum because it cleans well.
I worked for two days going door-to-door raising money for The Save the Children Foundation. It sucked balls especially considering it was in the middle of January and in negative digits.

I had worked for the same group canvassing on the street which was a hell of a lot better.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Larce
I like going to The Intersection.

I used to go to a lot of shows there, it was fun, haven't much after turning 21 though. Although when I did I got drunk, and the bartenders knew my name quite soon.