I am picking up a fat strat with a rosewood fretboard in the next couple days and planning on replacing the bridge humbucker asap.

Help me out on this one

Tones (playing through a valvetronix VT15 so there is stretch room):
Tool, Metallica, Foo Fighters, AC/DC, Mastodon, APC

I know there is not magic pickup but I know there is an expert out there that knows what I need.

The schecter will no longer be with me and I have the new vox VT15 instead of the ad50vt
Agile AL-3100 Rootbeer Wide w/SD SH-15 in bridge
Washburn X10 -cheap
Ibanez GIO -cheaper
Peavey XXX Super 40 112
Vox VT15
Last edited by grizzlyadams at Mar 18, 2009,
Personally I would:

-not replace pickups with that amp, its a decent amp but its not worth replacing pickups you won't hear a major difference.
-the Metallica and Mastodon and overall heavy stuff should be played on your Schecter, so if you do replace this pickup you can get something thats a little more focused on stuff like AC/DC and Foo and such rather than having to touch all the bases.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Wait until you've got the guitar, play around with it for a while then tell us what's wrong with your tone and how you want it to change.

There's no point recommending pickups if you can't tell us specifically why you want to change them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
+2 get the guitar first.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
forgot to mention that I am selling the Hellraiser to get the strat. I have enjoyed my time with it, but I am done with the dead cleans, slow thick neck, and the floyd rose.

I played it already and I need something crunchier, heavier. Not over the top though (see original post for what I want in a tone)
Washburn X10 -cheap
Ibanez GIO -cheaper
Peavey XXX Super 40 112
Vox VT15
doesnt change that you should get the guitar first and see where it's lacking, if at all.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It is a friends guitar and I have played it a lot. It lacks the bottom end crunch I want.
Washburn X10 -cheap
Ibanez GIO -cheaper
Peavey XXX Super 40 112
Vox VT15