Reckon it'd work?
I'm trying to write some, as in the epicness and melody of power metal combined with the brutality and speed of death metal.
And no, I don't mean 'extreme power metal', like DragonFarce.
Quote by djurico666
I like to think that after all the hardcore dancers were happy they'd succesfully killed the air ninjas during Suicide Silence, Nile came out and made them all go

Quote by bendystraw
Work on playing with your penis. A dick solo would bring infinite girlfriends.
Would it be like melodic death metal by any chance?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
I suppose it would be, but with singing.
Quote by djurico666
I like to think that after all the hardcore dancers were happy they'd succesfully killed the air ninjas during Suicide Silence, Nile came out and made them all go

Quote by bendystraw
im doing a cocept/death/prog thing myself so good luck!
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
Quote by Night_Lights
wintersun.

^ Thus ^

100% possible to mix the two.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
True, true.
Quote by djurico666

Quote by bendystraw
Either way, whenever it boils down to it...do what makes YOU happy, if you enjoy making music with power chords and chugging go for it, if you enjoy mixing different styles and making it your own go for it, if you enjoy complicated compositions...go for it!!!

If everyone asked the general populus if it was "ok" to do X, most of the amazing music we have today would not exsist.

Even if it sounds impossible, if you REALLY enjoy making that certain kind of music, you'll make it work.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Thanks to that motivational pep talk from Cody, we are now all ready to head out into the world of music and achieve all of our life goals and ambitions.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○
TS: Check out Skyfire. It sounds like Soilwork and Dragonforce had a baby.

Quote by CodySG
Even if it sounds impossible, if you REALLY enjoy making that certain kind of music, you'll make it work.
This.

You can combine pretty much whatever the hell you want, and if you're passionate about it, it'll show.

Unless, according to some UG'ers, it's Christian Black metal.
Last edited by misanthropy_inc at Mar 18, 2009,
I know you don't want to sound like Dragonforce, but seriously check out Crimson Shadows. They are Death/Power Metal. Personally I don't even like Death Metal vocals but I like Crimson Shadows a lot (and they put up a good live show too)