I was tuning my guitar one day and forgot to unplug the tuner. So I started trying to learn some chords and as I was doing that I realized that the tuner was still connected. So as I was playing the chords I realize they were showing up on the tuner(what I believed to be them anyway). My question is......could this be a good way to learn my chords so that I know I'm hitting them right?
Yesish no, thats i weird one, it will pick up ur chord like your A and that, but it may also pick up the other notes in it, the way that you no if your playing a chord right, is play songs that use those chords and it sounds right, no conflicting harmonies then its fine
yea the chords sound right. at first i thought it was just picking up the first note played, but i realized it wasnt as i changed chords. if played a G then G would show up or if i played a D then thats what showed up. just trying learn the best and correct way i can without paying someone lol
imo, you would be better off, writing each chord out on a sheet in front of you, as a tab, and keeping that as a reference. Then everytime you play, look back to the sheet to make sure you got it right. It will be more accurate than the tuner that way.

If you have any more similar questions, i'd suggest going to the Guitar and Bass Basics Forum and ask there. For future reference, this is the new members Q&A Forum, where members introduce themselves in the stickied thread at the top of the forum (feel free to do so ) and can ask questions about the running of the site.

Welcome to UG

Quote by jimmy_neutron
If you have any more similar questions, i'd suggest going to the Guitar and Bass Basics Forum and ask there. For future reference, this is the new members Q&A Forum, where members introduce themselves in the stickied thread at the top of the forum (feel free to do so ) and can ask questions about the running of the site.

Welcome to UG

agreed with the above
from daylight...
...into darkness