assuming that we consider most Paul Gilbert/Racer X songs advanced...what are some of the easier ones to learn?
i need more songs to learn :P
Marine Layer by Paul Gilbert. Its Acoustic. :P

I cannot tell a lie, possibly. it's a ballad off his Silence followed by a deafening roar cd.
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
Quote by crimson moon
Marine Layer by Paul Gilbert. Its Acoustic. :P

I cannot tell a lie, possibly. it's a ballad off his Silence followed by a deafening roar cd.

ive actually learnt I Cannot Tell A Lie already
its so awesome to play
looking for more stuff like that. not that i can play all the fast parts to perfect speed.
Radiator? (Get out of my yard) it has some fast string skipping/tapping sections.

Hurry Up is not too bad as well (Get out out of my yard as well).
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
uhh don't know for sure but miss mistreater and fire of rock (both from the technical difficulties era) sound pretty easy to me (minus the solo, mind you)

also, I'll go flameable and say that technical difficulties is alot easier than most people think / say it is (at least, it is to the point where I'm now, halfway through the solo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES1RypBww_g

the way he plays it there is alot easier imo
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Mar 18, 2009,
also, I'll go flameable and say that technical difficulties is alot easier than most people think / say it is (at least, it is to the point where I'm now, halfway through the solo)

Yeah, those diminished skipped string licks are a joke ..
Call me Batman.
"I like rock" is a neat song to play, right before the solo... but, with determination, you can nail that.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
"Stop necroposting" is a good one.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here