Why does NASA have so many damn educational requirements for being an Astronaut?

I would gladly fly up there and test everything. I'll eat the dirt on Mars and see if it holds some sort of nutrients we are not aware of. I will talk to the rocks, and see if there is infact life that we cannot recognize. I will inhale the gases of Jupiter and see if I find some sort of new drug. Hell, maybe you don't even need water to survive on Jupiter because the gas holds the answer to everything.

Has anyone tried taking off their oxygen gear in space? Nope, don't think so. But I'm willing to give it a go.
We'd make great pets.
Quote by montyburns
Why does NASA have so many damn educational requirements for being an Astronaut?

I would gladly fly up there and test everything. I'll eat the dirt on Mars and see if it holds some sort of nutrients we are not aware of. I will talk to the rocks, and see if there is infact life that we cannot recognize. I will inhale the gases of Jupiter and see if I find some sort of new drug. Hell, maybe you don't even need water to survive on Jupiter because the gas holds the answer to everything.

Has anyone tried taking off their oxygen gear in space? Nope, don't think so. But I'm willing to give it a go.

This is why we need educated astronauts; to stop people like you from doing such things.
Best of luck to you. You will be missed, by someone I'm sure...
One Sexy Canadian Man.

...and single too.
A little off topic but today I was reading this article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090318/ap_on_sc/space_shuttle;_ylt=AmrdHeZy0xVebdgavoIuy96HgsgF

But the picture drew my attention,

Why is there a boom mic on a camera in space? You can't hear anything in space.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Quote by ScottElwood

thats not a boom mic, thats the bottom skids of a helicopter!

whats a helicopter doing in space? theres no air to hold it up! NASA has to learn its stuff. helicopters dont belong there, they should know that.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
This is why we need educated astronauts; to stop people like you from doing such things.

We'd make great pets.
LOLOLOL

i laugh..
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon

actually. there IS air, just in really really small packets of nitrogen

that's why the space station needs rocket boosters now and then..

even because of that.. the space station is falling.. since it's launch it has falled about 40 miles just because of friction =]

how do i know this??

i just came to the conclusion i'm a space nerd :P
Of course, why would they ever need a boom mic for taking a picture.