So I was thinking, for all the people that unfortunately cannot afford classes ( I am barely able to keep up ) I was thinking of posting ( on the same thread ) my weekly classes. The instructor is a pretty cool guy and seems to be very experienced in all genres. At the moment, I'v played between 1-2years, although the first year was turd. My friend helped me pick out a guitar ( he's a guitarist as well, but never took classes and his genre focuses much less on technique then the genre I would enjoy playing, which is, metal)

Regardless of what genres, at the moment, I am paying 26 dollars a class for a half hour. Yes, I know, I don't really need flames. It's expensive. However, the guy has really helped me progress from what I was till now and was recommended via a friend. Even though it's been a relatively short time span 1~ month? My fingers have grown stronger, etc. I decided to take this instrument serious, which is why I take these classes and I have the -motivation/will power to push hard/practice-, however, I sincerely hope I am not limited in the long run from my "talent." I'm not saying I am, it's something that always crosses my mind, though. Will I ever be able to play the music I like? I hope so... Although it's going to be a looooooooooooooooooooong while before I do I suppose. ( <3 alexi laiho)

So enough ranting.. I have my "music book" next to me, which he personally gives me exercises, scales, etc to work on.. if I get a positive I'll dump all the works that I had in these past couple of weeks, and then update it weekly. Just throwing it out there! I'll see how the responses are from here I suppose. peace

Trying guys, if you have any suggestions, etc.. lemme know.. the drills etc get a bit more complex but I wanna add everything in pieces so it's not too cluttered/messy fast. Let me know what you guys think of the way it's structured, suggestions etc?

"Lesson 1"

I will begin by posting some(eventually all of them) of the "Open and Folk" Chords. Practice the first couple of chords to just get to know them. Im also inserting the first couple of finger drills to strengthen/get comfortable a bit with the fret. Try to focus on up/downstrokes, if possible to get accustomed to it. Try the chords and finger drills all cross the fret. Some of these chords are more difficult then others, focus on the first 6 or so while working on the finger drills hitting each note clearly. Next lesson I'll add more finger drills/exercises and the basic chord progressions to work on. 1234 represent your fingers, 4 being your pinky.

Chords
Chords 1

Chords 2

Beginner Finger Drills

Finger Drills 1
Last edited by xva at Mar 18, 2009,
Man I'd definitely like to see that. I'd like to get lessons but most "teachers"I've seen are pretty **** at teaching so I'd take any opportunity. Little bit unfair on the teacher but eh he probably didn't come up with any original excersises for you anyway. So post on!
Inhuman evil take down!
Well alright then, I'm going to work on this and post it for you guys. Im going to post what he has shown me so far and then from there on I'll post weekly what he has added to my exercises, etc.

edit:

What im going to do is post the pictures of the book, and from there I'll break it down to you guys!
Last edited by xva at Mar 18, 2009,
Okay, thanks a lot for your sharing.
“The guy said NBA players are one in a million, ... I said, 'Man, look, I'm going to be that one in a million.'”
Kobe Bryant
I have to say it would have been pretty damn nice if someone did something similar to this when I was just starting out (I think there are some blogs out there akin to this but which cover more music theory than guitar playing, don't have any links though, sorry). But I think it would be a lot more helpful if you didn't use scans of the book and instead edited/created chord diagrams using some imaging software or tablature software, it would probably be easier for others to interpret it. But, cheers to you.
Last edited by silvadolla at Mar 18, 2009,
do you know where i can get something to help with the chord diagrams etc? I'd break em down
i think this is a good idea, and i appreciate the effort....
but what this guy said:

Quote by silvadolla
. But I think it would be a lot more helpful if you didn't use scans of the book and instead edited/created chord diagrams using some imaging software or tablature software, it would probably be easier for others to interpret it. But, cheers to you.

thanks though.