It will sound more ... uhm ... acoustic and different.

I would have recommended using an electrick instead, but acoust will sound ok i think.
Oh, and what is the correct tab for it. Some are almost completely hammer ons and pull offs, and the one I printed is just a lot of notes, it sounds right, but im not sure if I should be playing with no H.O's/P.O's
Yes, you can do pretty much anything on an acoustic that you can on an electric if you tried, just it'd drive you insane trying to learn everything to the same degree of accuracy.

A song like The Metal isn't difficult on the electric so learning it on the acoustic will take little time, assuming you have good technique and finger strength.
Anything that can be played on an electric can be played on an acoustic, as long as it's not full of mad shred. Haha.

In the case of this song, of course it can.
It may be a little tricky, but nothing extraordinary.
Quote by GoldfishMoon
Oh, and what is the correct tab for it. Some are almost completely hammer ons and pull offs, and the one I printed is just a lot of notes, it sounds right, but im not sure if I should be playing with no H.O's/P.O's

you can hammer on and pull off on an acoustic easily..
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
you can hammer on and pull off on an acoustic easily..

Not on Nylon Strings on a decent acoustic... <_<

Try this:

E  :------------------------------------------|----------------|
B  :------------------------------------------|----------------|
G  :------2-2-h4-p2-/1-h2-p1-/2-h4-p2-/1-h2-p1|------6---------|
D  :----4-------------------------------------|----4-----7-6---|
A  :--0---------------------------------------|--4-----------7-|
D  :0-----------------------------------------|4---------------|

I can get that first slide then it dies.

/that or my technique is horrible

Please add me if as a friend I helped! (I like to think I'm a friendly person)
Last edited by Invokke_Havokk at Mar 18, 2009,
The tab im using is completely different, it goes-

|-------------------------------------------------------------
|------------------------------------------------------------
|-2-2--------3-2-0-2-0-2-3-2-0--2-2----------3-2-0-2-
|-0-0-3-0-0-------------------------0-0-3-0-0------------

|--------------------------------------------------------------
|-----------------------------------------------------------
|----------------------------------------------------------------
|---------------------------------5-3-2-3-2-0-2-0-2-5-2-0
|-2-2---------3-2-0-2---3-3------------------------
|-0-0-3-0-0--------------1-1------------------------

It sounds alright so far, but I wont know until I get it to a high speed.
obously none of them could play it and make it sound any good cause there all noobs with crazy weak hand strength.
Ever since I've learned some basic chords I've taken a bit of a break from the books and decided to learn a couple of songs. All of them metal, and I have an acoustic (hoping to change that soon but it's all I have right now). And to be honest it doesn't sound half bad. The only problem is that half of my strings are nylon and so i can't do hammerons on those.
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Quote by Phoenix Reborn
Ever since I've learned some basic chords I've taken a bit of a break from the books and decided to learn a couple of songs. All of them metal, and I have an acoustic (hoping to change that soon but it's all I have right now). And to be honest it doesn't sound half bad. The only problem is that half of my strings are nylon and so i can't do hammerons on those.

Same, and I can do them fine on an eletric and acoustic (non-nylon... so my E A and D strings)

I play mostly metal and rock on my acoustic. It sounds different obviously, and you can't use distortion and such (or any pedals) but thats no reason to make it impossible or not sound like the song.

tl;dr

Half the people (if not all) of the people saying "no" or "impossible" are being sarcastic. (I hope)

Please add me if as a friend I helped! (I like to think I'm a friendly person)