Does all 6 in line machine heads fit in to all kinds of stratocaster?
I bought a set of it and i cant fit them in to my strat because the tuning pegs are too short. Or am i doing it wrong?

Thanks
"Wrath is not a sin"
I play PS3 , Psn: g-tibbert . Add me up!
Pictures would help. There are slight differences between 6 in a line headstocks, mostly the thicknesses of headstocks (which usually aren't standard, and vary from company to company) and the diameter of the holes in the headstock (which are standard and usually come in Kluston-like vintage sizing and modern sizing ).

I replaced the chrome one with the black one

I use a strat copy.
It does not state any brand of the tuner
"Wrath is not a sin"
Last edited by ieatualive at Mar 18, 2009,
Tuners vary alot. Shaft size, where the little line up screw goes. Theres not really a universal replacement. Unless you go with same brand and model as what was in it.
the hole isn't big enough, thats all, drill the hole to the sieze of the largest part of the cylendar and you should be golden. Do you see the hump on the black one where the chrome one stayed the same diameter the whole way?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
the hole isn't big enough, thats all, drill the hole to the sieze of the largest part of the cylendar and you should be golden. Do you see the hump on the black one where the chrome one stayed the same diameter the whole way?

No, don't drill a through hole - counterbore the existing hole.

Edit:

Ahhh, you were right - I just woke up and I wasn't thinking straight lol.

TS: Find the diameter of the larger part on the shaft (if you notice the top has a smaller diameter than the bottom) and then drill the holes to that diameter.
Last edited by i_am_metalhead at Mar 18, 2009,
Quote by i_am_metalhead
No, don't drill a through hole - counterbore the existing hole.

Edit:

Ahhh, you were right - I just woke up and I wasn't thinking straight lol.

TS: Find the diameter of the larger part on the shaft (if you notice the top has a smaller diameter than the bottom) and then drill the holes to that diameter.

got it
"Wrath is not a sin"