Unfortunately new guitar day is going to be pushed back for a little while. Therefore I'm thinking of upgrading my stock Schecter pickups. I play metal and was looking into some blackouts, can anyone give me some feedback on these or other suggestions for new pickups? I don't want to go over $200. Thanks
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Omen 6/AHB-1
Randall RG50TC
TS9/808 Plus Mod
MXR KFK 10-band EQ
they are meant to be good and use the same quick connectors that the EMG use so installing them will be a piece of piss. cheaper than emgs too.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
If you are playing metal and like the sound of EMG's, then I'd say go for it!
I haven't owned a set but I plan on picking up a set of the 7 string version soon.
A lot of my friends use them who were former EMG users, and they swear by them being better.
I haven't heard before and after comparisons, but I know that their guitars do sound awesome with them.
ive been using emg actives since 2002 and i swear by them, hell if it works for bands liek metallica it works for me
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
well if your upgrading to a new guitar soon then there is no point in spending the money now, unless your next guitar has stocks your comfortable with.

I can vouch for Blackouts as i have them in my schecter ATX. EMGs will work two all up to you.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
I was hoping to upgrade my guitar soon, it all hinges on the end of the NHL season as I have some money involved in it. I'm looking to get an ESP Horizon NT2 which has SD's in it, not blackouts but still good pickups. I'm not sure if I trust myself to put them in though.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Omen 6/AHB-1
Randall RG50TC
TS9/808 Plus Mod
MXR KFK 10-band EQ
If you like active ceramic pickups I recommend them, I also recommend buying only the bridge pickup if possible, you save yourself 100 $ and "I" wouldn't barely use my neck pickup for metal if I had my guitar loaded with 2 active pickups, I don't know about you though.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by tweeb
If you like active ceramic pickups I recommend them, I also recommend buying only the bridge pickup if possible, you save yourself 100 $ and "I" wouldn't barely use my neck pickup for metal if I had my guitar loaded with 2 active pickups, I don't know about you though.

Good point, I don't think I've ever used my neck pickup when playing metal (which is the only thing that I play). Maybe I'll just get the bridge pickup. Thanks
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Omen 6/AHB-1
Randall RG50TC
TS9/808 Plus Mod
MXR KFK 10-band EQ