Hello everyone
This is my first post, i hope you can help me out.

I want to learn to play electric guitar, but since i am a beginner i have no experience in buying one and i don't want to be tricked into buying a bad guitar.
So i was thinking if you guys can recommend me a good guitar and amp for 460 $ ( yes i mean 460$ for both guitar and the amp )
I mostly listen to a wide range of metal from Ozzy to Behemoth

I wanted to buy a ESP LTD EX-50, since on other forum people recommended me that one, however on other they have said "No, it's a bad guitar" although on internet people are giving it high ratings :\
What are your thoughts, if you think this is a bad guitar can you tell me which one should i consider buying!
Well, I thank you in advance
I would consider getting an amp over a guitar. A VoxAD15VT or Roland Cube 30 would both be good choices.
The guitar isn't a bad guitar, considering how much you'd be spending. Not much better in my opinion, unless you go used.
My thoughts and opinions.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Here is a very useful thread on amps:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278232

And to save you some scrolling, here is the post with amps in your price range:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4375471&postcount=7

I would recommend a high gain amp for heavy distortion - as that is quite commonly associated with metal.

As for guitars, the best advice I can give is to not buy blindly, and try them out in the shop. You might end up buying a lemon if you dont try it out first (and vice-versa, you might end up buying a brilliant 'bad guitar').
The amps I'd suggest are a Vypyr 30 or a Cube 30. They're both around $200. $260 for a guitar... Yeah, that EX 50 sounds good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
rondomusic.com has many cheap guitars that are very good. Look at the SX strats and cheaper agiles, no douglas
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10