Okay so I found a flawless Ibanez MTM1 (slipknot baby) for $800.00. It sells for $1499.00 new. I have to drive over an hour from my house to buy it. I really want it but is this a really good guitar or am I just buying the Mick Thomson name here? I mostly play metal and have an ESP MH-400 and a KH-202. Is there a better guitar in this price range or should I just bite the bullet and drive up there and snatch it up today? I would appreciate any feedback on this.
Get this f-ing guitar. Its Blackouts blow everything away. And the neck is extremely thin anf wide, so it's great for shredding. But be aware that i's tuned down to Drop C from factory, so you might have to adjust the trem if you want to tune higher.
The tremolo is locked it comes factory like that. I don't know why. Tuning stability I guess. The FR does not pivot at all.
Quote by fnkycandle
Okay so I found a flawless Ibanez MTM1 (slipknot baby) for $800.00. It sells for $1499.00 new. I have to drive over an hour from my house to buy it. I really want it but is this a really good guitar or am I just buying the Mick Thomson name here? I mostly play metal and have an ESP MH-400 and a KH-202. Is there a better guitar in this price range or should I just bite the bullet and drive up there and snatch it up today? I would appreciate any feedback on this.

IMHO, you're buying a name.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Quote by zeek7pc
IMHO, you're buying a name.

hell no
"Wrath is not a sin"
I play PS3 , Psn: g-tibbert . Add me up!
Quote by ieatualive
hell no

looks like a RG with a fancy inlay and EMG's....and your not payin for the name?

Quote by xXMetal-HeadXx
looks like a RG with a fancy inlay and EMG's....and your not payin for the name?

see the specs ...and its not emg. Dun try to correct someone when u r not even correct yourself.

Mahogany body
Neck through
5pc wizard neck
SD blackouts
Beautiful looking guitar

I say get it
"Wrath is not a sin"
I play PS3 , Psn: g-tibbert . Add me up!
it comes with active SD blackouts not the EMG's. I believe a decent RG runs around $800.00 too does it not?
Last edited by fnkycandle at Mar 18, 2009,
It's an RG with different pick ups and a famous name. That's what you pay for. If you ask me you can get a much better Ibanez guitar if you just browse ebay or something in the same pricerange.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by ieatualive
see the specs ...and its not emg. Dun try to correct someone when u r not even correct yourself.

Mahogany body
Neck through
5pc wizard neck
SD blackouts
Beautiful looking guitar

I say get it

hey man im just sayin what it looked like from the pics.

if you look at my original post it says "it looks like a RG with EMG's" never did i say that i knew **** about the guitar...its one of those thing called an opinion

I have NO interest in correcting anyone, or saying its better or its worse or your paying for the name....but from the looks of it...your paying for the name

it does look purrty tho..

EDIT: lets put it this way. so you would buy a Scheter Syn Custom over the Avenger Hellraiser because "the specs are different". YOUR PAYING FOR THE NAME
Quote by Muppet
It's an RG with different pick ups and a famous name. That's what you pay for. If you ask me you can get a much better Ibanez guitar if you just browse ebay or something in the same pricerange.

Thank you.
Last edited by xXMetal-HeadXx at Mar 18, 2009,
Dude, get this thing. It's an awesome guitar (I've played it).
Nowhere are you going to find better Ibanez for this price.
It has a custom locked bridge that no other guitars come with, it has the blackouts, which NO other Ibanez comes with, and it's factory tuned in drop-B. I'm guessing you play metal so that should be no problem.

At 1499, you would be paying a little for the name, yes, but at 800? Hell no.
gear:
-Ibanez ART 120 (w/EMG 81/85)
-Ibanez RG 1570
-Peavey 6505
-Tube-Town TTC 212V
-ISP Decimator G-String
-Maxon OD-9
-T-rex Fuel tank Junior

Coming soon:
-BBE Sonic Maximizer
-EQ