Im currently using the Sennheiser Freeport instrument kit. No noticeable loss of tone but i cant really comment on durability as its only done a handful of gigs so far

EDIT Link:http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/icm.nsf/root/21104
I think Audio Technica, or whatever its called, is pretty good.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Quote by sic6505+
Im currently using the Sennheiser Freeport instrument kit. No noticeable loss of tone but i cant really comment on durability as its only done a handful of gigs so far

EDIT Link:http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/icm.nsf/root/21104

I own a freeport and I've noticed a slight loss of tone; however, unless you're an audiophile it won't be enough to get to you - its a great unit for the price.
i think the biggest think to look for in wirless units is quality. a lot of the cheaper ones will kill your tone and pick up interference. i usually say anything under around $300 isnt really worth looking at. obviously thats an arbitrary point so there are exceptions, but i feel like its a good place to start.

some things to look for would be UHF and channel selection. VHF can get a little crowded these days, so i like UHF. costs a little more, but its one of the features i often look for. then channel selection is absolutly crucial. if someone else happens to be on the channel you are using then you can change. if you have only one channel at your disposal, you may end up listening to someones CB radio or something through your amp. not pretty.

i dont really know of any good units out there, as FCC regulations are changing and new stuff is coming out all the time. i do know that if you can spend a decent ammount and look for some useful features like channel switching then you can usually get a pretty good unit.
Quote by Obama FTW
I think Audio Technica, or whatever its called, is pretty good.

Yeah, I have an Audio Technica system that works pretty good, but after buting some high-quality cables, I do notice a bit more tone loss than I'd like. With my old crap amps, it didn't seem to suck much tone, but with my latest amps, the wireless seems to suck more tone. There's a trick involving soldering a 20 pico-farad capacitor (I think) across the guitar's input jack to reduce the tone loss effect. Maybe pm Colin (roc8995) & ask him. He clarified it for me one time, but I lost his message.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011