Hey guys, I have a Marshall G50RCD, and I am having a slight problem with it.

Whenever I turn the amp up, I get a really bad buzzing sound, and if I combine it with my Metal Muff Footpedal, it buzzes like crazy!
Now I tried it with my Firebird, which has humbuckers which wouldn't produce a hum, and it still does it.

I know you guys can't tell me exactly whats wrong with it, but what would you suggest I do? Buy a new amp, as it's about 4 years old, or get it repaired?

If so, what amp would you suggest for a Blues/Alternative rock guitarist, roughly in the £200/250 price range. Thanks guys!
that g50 has to be older than that.

ive got one. thought i had it longer.

i suggest you swap the guitar cable first then post back.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Mar 18, 2009,
Nah dude it's not the guitar cable, as I used it on my friends Amp, and it worked perfectly, I just think the Amp is a bit fooked =/
ahh, and you tried two guitars thru it right?

well a battery in the fx pedal will help, (if it's plugged into the wall now) but yeah, sounds like the amp is starting to go out on you.

it's not wirth fixing so i suggest you move to a new room with it too.

make sure outside appliances werent adding to the problem.

also wt your budget, i suggest you look at vox maybe laney. i dont think you'll get too much unless you also have access to used amps.

fyi this is what i did to my g50. because i didnt want the amp anymore but needed a 1x12.

it wasnt hard.

then i used the cab and a small tube head.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Mar 18, 2009,
I was looking at VOX amps, like 10Watt, but I doubt they'd be very powerful? They are so expensive, yet so small? Why do they cost so much?
i'm not sure.

i think the small vox modeling amps are about the cost of other practice amps in it's range.

and no, 10 solid state watts isnt anything more than a small practice amp.

do you play in a band? do you plan on doing it?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yeah dude, I play in a band, we are going to start gigging soon.
I used the Marshall before at gigs when it was still fairly ok, but lately it's just gone down hill, I was thinking of learning some more electronics and taking it apart and just repairing it.

Well for £300 do you think I could get a decent amp?
Something that sounds close to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdVfPsFrEPA&feature=channel_page