nothing against it at all. just asking, how does this happen?? i heard some venues let it fly.
As a 17 year old in a metal band of 18+ year olds, I feel I should comment.
Personal experience with playing in venues has taught me that venues will allow bands to play with under age members, but 95% of the time, they have to leave straight after they play (and if they're playing later in the night, they're not allowed on the premises until shortly before they play). I've also encounted special wristbands, being shown around to all the bar staff to make sure they don't serve me and having the venue owner follow me around while I set up.

It's annoying, but it's to cover their arses. The fines for underage people on the premises OR caught drinking are so astronomically high for venue owners, promoters and anyone involved basically.
Quote by Magero
As a 17 year old in a metal band of 18+ year olds, I feel I should comment.
Personal experience with playing in venues has taught me that venues will allow bands to play with under age members, but 95% of the time, they have to leave straight after they play (and if they're playing later in the night, they're not allowed on the premises until shortly before they play). I've also encounted special wristbands, being shown around to all the bar staff to make sure they don't serve me and having the venue owner follow me around while I set up.

It's annoying, but it's to cover their arses. The fines for underage people on the premises OR caught drinking are so astronomically high for venue owners, promoters and anyone involved basically.
This. Rather that, though, than refusing to let said minors play at all, though.
because there are usually special exemptions for performers, although usually they are still pretty strict, here it's like if you are under 21 you are allowed to come in 15 minutes before your set, and you have to be out 15 minutes after, although most places are nice enough to let you come in to do most of the set up before the place opens and to come get your stuff after closing (which is still a pain in the ass because all of the clubs here close at 4 AM)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I manage a band, and only one member is 21. The clubs don't ask for id and they usually provide free pitchers all night to us.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I manage a band, and only one member is 21. The clubs don't ask for id and they usually provide free pitchers all night to us.

that's pretty unusual, since most places actually care about keeping their liquor license.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Straight edge system ftw.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
i've played in a club or 2 when i was underage.

they just "X" your hands so you can't buy liquor, and then as soon as your done playing, you have to leave immediately.

its not illegal. its just like a worker by-law.

i'm not sure if its changed in the past 8 years in ontario canada... but when i was 18 you were allowed to serve booze.. but not legal to drink it til you were 19.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
When i´ve played clubs they didnt care, hell i was even invited to the afterparty(was a bunc of bands playing that night)
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

A local bar that hosts Metal/Hardcore shows in my area lets bands with underage members play provided at least one band member is 18 or older.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Quote by Kivarenn82
i've played in a club or 2 when i was underage.

they just "X" your hands so you can't buy liquor, and then as soon as your done playing, you have to leave immediately.

its not illegal. its just like a worker by-law.

i'm not sure if its changed in the past 8 years in ontario canada... but when i was 18 you were allowed to serve booze.. but not legal to drink it til you were 19.
''

It's still the same
Last gig I played, the doorman asked us if we had I.D.

If we didn't then we got an X on our hand, and we couldn't buy alcohol, however, we were allowed to stay in for as long as we wanted.
The first gig I played was in a club and I was only 12. I got a lot of weird looks in that place for some reason.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
Well, as long as those underage musicians don't go to the bars...
then it's good... I guess.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.