Alright well I'm probably doing a pickup swap pretty soon.
My guitar is an Ibanez S320 (Mahogany body) and the stock pickups are INF's which are ok but not great.
My amp is a 15 watt Traynor tube amp, sorta bright-voiced.

From the bridge pickup, I really want a great soloing tone like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and other similar players. A bonus would be if it's good for playing rock leads too (versatility is a plus). I'm considering:
Dimarzio Fred
Dimarzio Mo Joe
Dimarzio Evolution
Seymour Duncan Full shred or screamin demon (don't know much about these)

I want a good versatile neck pickup for playing stuff from cleans to hard rock tones. Metal tones aren't important from either pickup. Some stuff I might be playing with this includes modern rock like Billy Talent, Alexisonfire, clean tones like RHCP, and classic and hard rock. I don't need this to be perfect for all these tones but ideally it could do them all well. I'm considering
Seymour Duncan 59 (sounds versatile, might be able to try my friend's 59)
Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates (too bright with bright amp?)
Dimarzio Bluesbucker

Also just curious, how do pickups from different companies sound together e.g. if I wanted to get a dimarzio in the bridge and a SD in the neck?

Any reccomendations or advice?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I have the same guitar and I put Evos in it, but as for versatility I can't really say much. They're great for metal, but you said that those aren't very important. However, I use mine for everything, metal, blues, rock. Really I think it sounds great no matter what style, a lot better than the INFs. For cleans I use the neck to get a warm sound and I think it sounds pretty nice.
I'm still new.
I have the Duncan '59 (neck) and the Pearly Gates (bridge) in my mahogany bodied Tele. They're both great pups, but for Satriani leads with a bright amp you might want the Mo'Joe in the bridge, as it has the more mids the Fred (but both pups emphasize the midrange). It's hotter than the Fred though so your clean tone may suffer a bit. The Pearly Gates has an Alnico II magnet so its nice to warm up the bridge but its overall voicing is definately classic and doesn't have all the sweet overtones/harmonics the Satch pups get. The '59 is a great neck pup, it has a very smooth and well rounded sound and could certainly cover all that you play, but I'm not sure how it would match up output wise with the Mo'Joe. Because of this I'd suggest taking a look at the PAF Joe for the neck if you decide to go Dimarzio; it will match with the Fred or the Mo'Joe and it's the best sounding Satch pup IMO.
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
Alright well I'm probably doing a pickup swap pretty soon.
My guitar is an Ibanez S320 (Mahogany body) and the stock pickups are INF's which are ok but not great.
My amp is a 15 watt Traynor tube amp, sorta bright-voiced.

From the bridge pickup, I really want a great soloing tone like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, and other similar players. A bonus would be if it's good for playing rock leads too (versatility is a plus). I'm considering:
Dimarzio Fred
Dimarzio Mo Joe
Dimarzio Evolution
Seymour Duncan Full shred or screamin demon (don't know much about these)

I want a good versatile neck pickup for playing stuff from cleans to hard rock tones. Metal tones aren't important from either pickup. Some stuff I might be playing with this includes modern rock like Billy Talent, Alexisonfire, clean tones like RHCP, and classic and hard rock. I don't need this to be perfect for all these tones but ideally it could do them all well. I'm considering
Seymour Duncan 59 (sounds versatile, might be able to try my friend's 59)
Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates (too bright with bright amp?)
Dimarzio Bluesbucker

Also just curious, how do pickups from different companies sound together e.g. if I wanted to get a dimarzio in the bridge and a SD in the neck?

Any reccomendations or advice?

Call up Jeff at HighOrder Pickups (google 'em), he'll build you the most awesome set of pickups you've ever heard to your specs.
Fargen Olde 800 1x12 Combo
Ernie Ball/Musicman Axis Super Sport Rosewood with custom HighOrder Pickups
Quote by properpat
Call up Jeff at HighOrder Pickups (google 'em), he'll build you the most awesome set of pickups you've ever heard to your specs.

cool, how expensive is this?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
bridge pup - Dimarzio Norton
neck pup - Dimarzio Humbucker from hell
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
cool, how expensive is this?

Jeff sells his pickups for a whole, whopping $75 a piece.
Fargen Olde 800 1x12 Combo
Ernie Ball/Musicman Axis Super Sport Rosewood with custom HighOrder Pickups