Hey
Would a 2x12 always sound considerably louder than a 1x12?

I appreciate your help.

Please reply!!!
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
probably,its another speaker
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Yes....basically. Clearly though you have to look at speaker quality etc, but 212 is louder and often better quality because you can push more air
not really any louder, just fuller in sound.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
not really any louder, just fuller in sound.

This. As far as dB's go...its not going to be much louder. But the added fullness will make it seem louder.
You could also mix two different types of speakers in a 2x12, to get a unique sound, or just pick and mix until you find a well balanced sound.

I have heard (but it's only hearsay) that adding another speakers adds an extra 3dB's.
Hey, I have a question Similar to the TS. I've found two used Crate Palomino V32's one is 2x12 for $330, and the other one i believe is 1x12 (not sure, awaiting a response from seller) for $300. Should I go the Extra $30 for the 2x12?
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
^Yes, but it will be heavier to move about. The positives you get are improved bass response, and the ability to mix two voicings of speaker. Also you get less speaker distortion cranked up, which can appeal with certain types of music.