http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/products.php?s=&k=left+handed&m=ESP&c=Products&r=Price+Range&x=39&y=4

im looking to get a new guitar later this year. I like Classic Rock but mainly i like metal!! 'In Flames' kind of music are these guitars any good for that? i am wondering if it is worth just buying the LTD Ec-50 and replacing the humbuckers with EMG's. Or should i save up for the £900 one. the viper looks the best but i dont know how easy it would be to put the EMGs inside.

Please Help Me with my guitar woes!

P.S. Also i have seen that in the US the LTD 1000 is $800. So is it worth paying for the shipping?

JUST TO MAKE SURE! I AM LOOKING FOR LEFT HANDED GUITARS!
Last edited by spam rules5 at Mar 18, 2009,
EC-401 is more or less the same as the 1000 but with less of the yucky binding. It's on my list to get next

Edit: didnt see they were LH, no idea what availability is like on them, and the matt black and gold 1000 is nice ^^. Also the ec-50 has a flat body, where as the more expensive models have the curved body like a gibson lp
Gear:
Squier Strat (modded)
Vintage SG
ESP-LTD Alexi 200
Epiphone Explorer Goth
Les Paul Build
Flying V Build
EH Metal Muff
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB95
Ashdown Fallen Angel 40
Last edited by Ieuanm at Mar 18, 2009,
My thought is save up a bit more and get something in the next class up. Also look up the model and find some reviews on the LTD Ec-50.
Quote by c21vin
My thought is save up a bit more and get something in the next class up. Also look up the model and find some reviews on the LTD Ec-50.

Next Class Up?

What kind of guitars is that?
You might want to look into Schecter's new singlecut line out. Tried one out yesterday, played great and sounded great. More of a players guitar than the standard Gibson Les Paul shape, and it had all of the modern hardware the ESP would have.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
just be aware that if you import anything from the states (or anywhere outside the EU) that you're going to be hit with VAT/customs charges which'll be around 25% of both the cost of the item, and the postage.

but you're right, ESPs and LTDs tend not to be too great value in the UK. i think the general consensus with LTDs is to make sure you go for the 400 series or higher, but i haven't tried sufficient numbers of them to corroborate that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?