So heres my problem,

I revieved this pedal yesterday and couldnt wait to try it out after reading the good reviews it had on this site (i am completly new to guitar so the reviews are really all i had to go by) anwyay i plugged everythink in...fine...all working. so then i start play a few basic riffs...some of the easier linkin park songs...and i though this pedal would deliver an almost identical sound to that of the linkin park guitars. however no matter how much fiddling i do with the knobs (excuss the pun ) i just cant seem to get the right sound i want out of it...now i think ive narrowed it down to a few possibilities.

My amp and guitar are very cheap as i only started 8 days ago...will this effects the pedals performance?

Have i simply chosen the wrong pedal for Linkin Park style riffs?

Can you guys please recommend some riffs that will sound good with this pedal and that are fairly simple.

Sorry to drag on but we all had to start somewhere...right?

Thanks Dan
I haven't tried the pedal myself, but my friend has a washburn bad dog amp. I don't likethe sound of it, I'm not sure it that pedal emulates it or not though. I'd suggest mayb bringing it back and getting a different pedal.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I've not tried that pedal, but in my experience, Washburn is really good in making guitars but really bad in amps and pedals. Maybe this pedal is different, I don't know. You should better try and mess a little bit more with the settings, also check your amp is in the clean channel so the only distortion you use is the one from the pedal.

In the end, just play, learn some chords, learn some songs and have fun. The more you practice the better you get and you'll eventually realize exactly what gear you need to achieve the sound you want. You're just beginning to play guitar isn't it? What I would reccomend you is to get a multi effect pedal, (it doesn't have to be a expensieve one) so you can experiment with different settings.
Beau, oui, comme Bowie
Last edited by TaV0 at Mar 18, 2009,
Quote by a7x dan
So heres my problem,
I revieved this pedal yesterday and couldnt wait to try it out after reading the good reviews it had on this site (i am completly new to guitar so the reviews are really all i had to go by) anwyay i plugged everythink in...fine...all working. so then i start play a few basic riffs...some of the easier linkin park songs...and i though this pedal would deliver an almost identical sound to that of the linkin park guitars. however no matter how much fiddling i do with the knobs (excuss the pun ) i just cant seem to get the right sound i want out of it...now i think ive narrowed it down to a few possibilities.
My amp and guitar are very cheap as i only started 8 days ago...will this effects the pedals performance?
Have i simply chosen the wrong pedal for Linkin Park style riffs?
Can you guys please recommend some riffs that will sound good with this pedal and that are fairly simple.
Sorry to drag on but we all had to start somewhere...right?
Thanks Dan

"excuss" is not a word
and your amp is probably to blame, i've been playing over a year now and my amp and tone sucked untill i got a new one(about 3 months ago), even with a rp90 running to it(thats a pedal young padawan)
so just work on your playing,you dont need exact tones to practice.

and might i suggest much better beginner songs/riffs

TNT-ac/dc
smoke on the water-Deep purple
"iron man" and "paranoid"-black sabbath
Brain Stew-Greenday
Smells like Teen Spirit-Nirvana(very easy solo)

and dont play those boring "mary had a little lamb" type songs
or linkin park cause they both suck
Last edited by tukk04 at Mar 18, 2009,
tukk04 is a complete noob at the guitar, and thinks he is the next big thing just because he has all the gear. He quite obviously, however, completely lacks in talent, for he has only been playing for a year. I am 15, have been playing for 3 years, and would blow you out of the water at any style. So think about that.

On a lighter note:

To reply to the original question, that pedal isnt great, and quite obviously your gear isnt either. Dont worry, just learn playing your own sound. There are so many layers on those songs that they probably cant get it exactly right when they play it again, so dont worry.
thanks for all the replys..MOST of them have been helpful so i thank you

i also have a few more noob questions but i dont see the point in starting a new thread so here goes.

what exactly does treble do to the sound the guitar makes?

and on my pedal i have "level" (im guessing this is the level of distortion?) "high and low"(could someone explain these please) and also "gain" which im not to sure on

sorry to bore u all with noob questions
Last edited by a7x dan at Mar 18, 2009,
wow tedman, gone menstrual or somethin? inside joke? if neither of the formentioned, no one likes someone who brags about their skill, and no one likes someone who says so and so guitar player is garbage b/c they've only played for __ number of years.

TS, your whole set up is probably really low end stuff, but that's perfectly alright since you've just started. your FIRST big step in upgrading your tone would be getting a new amp. a Roland Cube or Peavey Vypyr would probably satisfy you for a good while. i say save up for one of the two, b/c until you have a better amp, your tone is going to suck...

good luck bro
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by slash_rocks2005
wow tedman, gone menstrual or somethin? inside joke? if neither of the formentioned, no one likes someone who brags about their skill, and no one likes someone who says so and so guitar player is garbage b/c they've only played for __ number of years.

TS, your whole set up is probably really low end stuff, but that's perfectly alright since you've just started. your FIRST big step in upgrading your tone would be getting a new amp. a Roland Cube or Peavey Vypyr would probably satisfy you for a good while. i say save up for one of the two, b/c until you have a better amp, your tone is going to suck...

good luck bro

i know, wtf is tedman's problem? i dont have any clips whatsoever of my guitar playing up, i dont brag about my playing, i havent played live so he couldnt have even heard me from that im confused, do you know me from somewhere tedman or do you have me confused with someone else?
edit: and its not an inside joke because i never even talked to him
Quote by ted-man
tukk04 is a complete noob at the guitar, and thinks he is the next big thing just because he has all the gear. He quite obviously, however, completely lacks in talent, for he has only been playing for a year. I am 15, have been playing for 3 years, and would blow you out of the water at any style. So think about that.

On a lighter note:

To reply to the original question, that pedal isnt great, and quite obviously your gear isnt either. Dont worry, just learn playing your own sound. There are so many layers on those songs that they probably cant get it exactly right when they play it again, so dont worry.

and again what the hell, i have a pretty small setup, and the 212 isn't mine its my drummer's and i just use it for band practice and will use it for shows when we start playing them.

and im a quick learner so i dont exactly "suck" but im not gonna brag and prove your point.