....it has two pretty big rips in the tolex on the back, a tiny scratch on the front, a tiny scratch in the tolex on the front, and no casters, but I offered to ship a new set to the buyers house for free, and it looks great on the front. Now heres the story: I put it up for $350 listing all of this, and I got a reply. They said they wanted to do it but cancelled, so I relisted it for $300. Today the same person called back and reinstated the deal, saying she would come and look at it. But, after she sees the damages, im afraid sh wont buy it for $350. Therefore, should I just sell it to her for $300 and get the money back (I need $375 to buy a Recto 2x12) from my SM57 and stand/cable im selling (since im switching over to using Impulses) or should I take the $350???? Sorry for the wall of text.
Strip and stain it like mine :P

Sell it to her for $300, I'd say. 1960 cabinets really aren't worth sh*t money-wise. $300 would be more than a good deal.

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

Last edited by kschaef at Mar 18, 2009,
Hahaha, 1960A's sell for $500 around here.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by kschaef

Sell it to her for $300, I'd say. 1960 cabinets really aren't worth sh*t money-wise. $300 would be more than a good deal.

i saw your tele and just about came
mah new classic vibe tele got here about a half hour ago
Quote by kschaef

Man I wish I could retolex it in a day........
They sell for 350$ at least here.
Quote by xwearesinking
Hahaha, 1960A's sell for $500 around here.

Wow, really? I got mine for my MG cab + $100 or so.

EDIT:
Quote by tukk04
i saw your tele and just about came
mah new classic vibe tele got here about a half hour ago

Why thank you sir
Enjoy that puppy, I absolutely love mine.

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

Last edited by kschaef at Mar 18, 2009,
Try to sell it for $350, but if she won't buy it, you might just have to settle for $300. You'll probably get the other $75 from selling your stuff anyway.

I wouldn't bother trying to retolex it and all that. I foresee that taking more time/money than it's worth.

Gear:

the lives to come

Well has she seen the listing for $300 yet? If so then your pretty much stuck. I would just say $300 as is and no casters so you can get it out your hair if you want to take that kind of money for it.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Well has she seen the listing for $300 yet? If so then your pretty much stuck. I would just say $300 as is and no casters so you can get it out your hair if you want to take that kind of money for it.

She didnt see the $300 listing, and I told her I would buy the casters andship them to her house. And I want it to sell quick before the Recto 2x12 listing dissapears.
Then sell it for whatever you can get, you pretty much solved the mystery yourself.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by bulletrocks522
She didnt see the $300 listing, and I told her I would buy the casters andship them to her house. And I want it to sell quick before the Recto 2x12 listing dissapears.

Then I would stick firm with the $350 because by the time you get the casters and shipping you have already lost $50 bucks. As for the rips, get a sharpie out and color the showing wood black. It will make it a little less noticable and its cheaper. Also pull up the prices of other 1960 cabs in the area incase she barks at the price you have something to back you up.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Then I would stick firm with the $350 because by the time you get the casters and shipping you have already lost $50 bucks. As for the rips, get a sharpie out and color the showing wood black. It will make it a little less noticable and its cheaper. Also pull up the prices of other 1960 cabs in the area incase she barks at the price you have something to back you up.

Ok, that sounds good. But, its not wood showing, its ripped, but there is black showing under it.
Quote by bulletrocks522
Ok, that sounds good. But, its not wood showing, its ripped, but there is black showing under it.

Try and make it neat and tidy, example no tolex hanging on by a thread and things of that nature. Also clean the hell out it and make it a bit more presentable. Basically like a used car, try and sell what it has going for it and dont talk to much about what is wrong with it. Also if she is coming to see it tell her something like bring your guitar and jam on it for a bit. Use any tactic you can to get her to bite. And you should be fine.