Page 1 of 2
Hey guys!

EDIT: So to those of you who followed my epic saga here it is in full,
Got up this morning at half 5 to catch the train

got the wrong connection and had to change a few stops away

In paris I had to go see the parish priest to witness my signature and sign my application

I had to pay 130 euro for an emergency passport plus renewal of the old one

Im sore, I'm chafing and I'm too tired to post the details atm, but a big shout out to all those who dolled out advice! Thanks guys I'm going to poland after all!

So I'm in a pretty sticky situation at the moment that I was kind of hoping someone in the pit (yeah I know, wishful thinking here!) would have some experience in the matter of Visas, Passports and Embassies and the like.

So Let me explain the situation,

-I'm fully Irish, 18 years old and living in France

-I am due to go on a trip to Poland with my school in roughly ten, eleven days

-My passport recently expired and is currently being processed in Ireland and I'm currently awaiting the renewed one however I'm quite sure I won't have it in time.

So basically what I'm asking here is if anyone knows if I call the embassy, will they issue me with a provisional passport until I receive the new one? Is there any other documentation I can take with me? I know that hoping the Pit will be able to help me is rather stupid but hey, I got nothing to lose
Thankyoooo!
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Last edited by I-Shot-Jr at Mar 25, 2009,
Do you need a passport?
Poland is part of the EU, so you shouldn't have to pass through passport control. You would need a photo ID, but not necessarily a passport.

I may be wrong, though.
Yep the pro of being in the EU is any photo ID with the vaild PASS logo will allow you to travel to other EU countries.
Quote by Bonorly
Yep the pro of being in the EU is any photo ID with the vaild PASS logo will allow you to travel to other EU countries.

PASS logo?
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
Afraid I'm not british =(

will probably be an Irish alternative, whether or not you'll be able to get one in 10 days is another issue
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
Afraid I'm not british =(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_document

In the European Union, identity cards meeting a European standard can also be used by European citizens as a travel document in place of a passport.

There ought to be something you can get that will do.
I'm neither French nor Irish, but it would probably be worth giving your embassy a ring. Even if they can't rush your passport, they should be able to tell you about the alternatives, or even provide a temporary document.
Quote by MightyAl
There ought to be something you can get that will do.
I'm neither French nor Irish, but it would probably be worth giving your embassy a ring. Even if they can't rush your passport, they should be able to tell you about the alternatives, or even provide a temporary document.

Hmm yeah, I'll probably give the embassy a ring tomorrow, good idea that!
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Well, Poland is in the Schengen area, so I think all you need is an identity card.

What parts of Poland will you visit?
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
Heh heh, France. Their tanks are designed to only go in reverse.

Sorry.
Ireland, you say? Just get them some drinks and wait for France to surrender.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Im sure they give you a provisional passport or something. One of my mates had one on a trip to america..
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Ok cheers to everyone with their answers, gave the embassy a ring and if all goes well I shall be able to renew my passport and get an emergency one for the trip!
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Pfft. France. Loser country.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Why do you want to go to poland from france? That's like living in sweden and going to norway.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Why do you want to go to poland from france? That's like living in sweden and going to norway.

You know, not all tourism has to go around visiting rich cities with lots of sky scrappers. Even the poorest countrys have some interesting stuff to visit, mostly historic buildings and stuff.

Unless you are looking for water parks and tourist feed stations etc, then there isn't much to see.

But I guess I'm not going to convince you, because its pointless for me to argue, and I'm too lazy.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
Last edited by Worhan at Mar 19, 2009,
Quote by Kensai

Poland is pretty nice. Crap roads, but pretty nice. And the beer is much cheaper. And it's good beer. In fact, it's bloody fantastic beer.
Quote by Worhan
You know, not all tourism has to go around visiting rich cities with lots of sky scrappers. Even the poorest countrys have some interesting stuff to visit, mostly historic buildings and stuff.

Unless you are looking for water parks and tourist feed stations etc, then there isn't much to see.

But I guess I'm not going to convince you, because its pointless for me to argue, and I'm too lazy.

Is that your view of france...?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Poland is pretty nice. Crap roads, but pretty nice. And the beer is much cheaper. And it's good beer. In fact, it's bloody fantastic beer.

It's just beer...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Agreed on that, our roads are terrible. I remember when I was going to London by bus (I'm no maschosist, i'm just cheap :P), and you can feel the difference on the Polish-German border.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
Quote by Kensai

It's just beer...

How can a male in his early twenties even form such a thought?

Poland's nice, yah. If you want waterparks, go to Slovakia instead.

Quote by Worhan
Agreed on that, our roads are terrible. I remember when I was going to London by bus (I'm no maschosist, i'm just cheap :P), and you can feel the difference on the Polish-German border.

Agreed. It's sorta puzzling with the roads, because I went to visit my grandma in Poland one year and the roads were absolutely new, then came back two years later and they were total crap again. I don't know how this can happen so quickly, I figure they are just rushing things and don't build them properly. It bothers me because they'll need to redo everything within 5 years, while they could have done it right instead and the specific road would be fine for several decades with only minor repairs now and then.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 19, 2009,
Quote by Worhan

Aye... I went to the Czech Republic, and left via Poland. Road quality was literally like night and day when it went Czech/Polish/German
Quote by TheQuailman
How can a male in his early twenties even form such a thought?

Poland's nice, yah. If you want waterparks, go to Slovakia instead.

My dear friend, a man in my position and age is far too concerned about other things than how beer tastes in countries. Such as how are the whore districts positioned, can I bribe police officers e.t.c. e.t.c.

Ah yes, dutch bordellos. How I've missed your charm and tender touch.
Quote by Kensai
My dear friend, a man in my position and age is far too concerned about other things than how beer tastes in countries. Such as how are the ***** districts positioned, can I bribe police officers e.t.c. e.t.c.

See, my old man, the crazy dutchman, refuses to teach me the ways of the Red Light until I'm 25. I'd probably end up being a 32nd degree Mason before I learn the true ways of the Red.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
See, my old man, the crazy dutchman, refuses to teach me the ways of the Red Light until I'm 25. I'd probably end up being a 32nd degree Mason before I learn the true ways of the Red.

Such are the ways of the Masons, my old friend. Wrapped in a shroud of mystery they operate the world from behind the curtains. Sometimes the shroud leaks out from the curtains like a hint of arrogance.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

are you on drugs?

No. Not in soviet russia anyway.
So...the saying "like swiss cheese" has a challenger, "like polish roads".

Bah, once we invent hover cars it won't matter anymore
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
I thought this was appropriate

DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Last edited by TDS at Mar 19, 2009,
Quote by Kensai

I'd go to Norway!

Visit the house where Arseth was murdered, the church Vikernes burned down.

Plus the epic foliage
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
I'd go to Norway!

Visit the house where Arseth was murdered, the church Vikernes burned down.

Plus the epic foliage

Ah to be so young and mislead.

You see, norway is a communist paradise where they rape everyone who isn't white. True story.
Quote by Kensai
Is that your view of france...?

I want to know what the Sky Scrappers that he speaks of are.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Oh no, I forgot one "p" in a word! I don't feel obligated to type everything perfectly in a foreign language, but it seems like I fail at completing my main goal, eg. to be understood.

What I was trying to say, was that you don't need great rich cities to have good tourist atractions. Poland doesn't have those, and I din't say France does.

Nah, you probably don't understand me, english be hard for meh.

hehe, sky crapper
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
Last edited by Worhan at Mar 19, 2009,
Holy focking crap man, Kensai posted in a thread I started, excuse me whilst I blow my head off with a shotgun seeing as my life shall surely know no greater experience...

Oh and the reason I'm going to poland is to stack up on Kielbasa, cheap beer and go see auchwitz the site of the (horrible tasteless joke impending, please look away) lolocaust so yup

For those interested in the situation (and I'm happy to see some pit monleys took a genuine interest and to you guys I thank you!) I called the embassy and after a few conversations hopefully I'll be able to get an emergency passport in time for my trip. If not I shall propbably try and sneak across the boarder seeing as we'll be going by bus and the likleyhood of getting caught is quite unlikely...

BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Quote by TDS
I thought this was appropriate

It wasn't.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by I-Shot-Jr

Oh and the reason I'm going to poland is to stack up on Kielbasa, cheap beer and go see auchwitz the site of the (horrible tasteless joke impending, please look away) lolocaust so yup

I was there 2 years ago, pretty stuning place, in a negative way of course. Be sure to visit Cracow aswell, very interesting city. Oh, and cracow kielbasa rocks, so be sure to try it!
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
Before Shengen you'd have a problem but all you need now is proof of EU citizenship. :p

EDIT : When you get to auschwitz look at the brick walls in Birkenau, they have LEGIA spraypainted on them ( FC Legia Warsaw )

You'll like Poland, you're Irish just as romantic as us the women are to die for. Seriously we have a swedish deluge in the 17th century try to take them away. They got boned though
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
Last edited by Bronek at Mar 20, 2009,
Page 1 of 2