I was thinking about putting new pickups in my MIM Strat that I have. I've got an MIA strat for good, sweet strat tones, and I hate the muddy tone out of the MIM. I was thinking of putting some Lace Sensors in there. Would this be a good idea? Right now, its a Eb guitar, but I might change my mind when I get new pickups.

I was looking at Lace Sensor (Hot) Golds and the Red, Silver, and Blues. Which set would better suit me? Look at my profile for playing styles. Also, could you recommend me any other pickup types? I don't want this guitar to sound like my other strat.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I hear the red silver and blue are very versatile and should suit your style. Clapton used lace sensors in the 80s but idk which ones.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
I have the hot gold set with the hot bridge. They're fantastic. I highly recommend them.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer
Quote by edbert
I hear the red silver and blue are very versatile and should suit your style. Clapton used lace sensors in the 80s but idk which ones.
I believe he used the golds. (Not hot golds)

I have the Red,Silver,Blue set in my strat copy, and I like them.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Clapton used all golds, but I have a Red-Silver-Blue on my ash bodied 50s Strat. The blue is kind of muddy when I turn the tone down on the neck pickup, but I like that unique sound. Never tried the Golds but I heard mixed things about them.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
golds, definately, itll get you that blues sound and even the ac/dc-ish tones when cranked...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
I got a blue in the neck an a silver in the middle of a HSS strat and they're awesome, best singlecoil sound I ever had!