Okay i know how to travis pick, but i want to know if dust in the wind by kansas is so some variation of it.
Quote by vmanoman
damn....thats nuts. 2 nuts in fact. anyway, all that happened to me was i fell up a flight of stairs....like not up a few steps, but tripped at the bottom and fell up the entire flight.....
It seems like the best way to answer your question is by you learning said song.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
It seems like the best way to answer your question is by you learning said song.

I have already learned the song. What Im asking is Dust in the wind have a variation of a travis picking style? I can already travis pick, and I know dust in the wind is not played exactly in that style. So can someone tell me the name of the picking style just so i can know what it is called
Quote by vmanoman
damn....thats nuts. 2 nuts in fact. anyway, all that happened to me was i fell up a flight of stairs....like not up a few steps, but tripped at the bottom and fell up the entire flight.....
Quote by blink18244
I have already learned the song. What Im asking is Dust in the wind have a variation of a travis picking style? I can already travis pick, and I know dust in the wind is not played exactly in that style. So can someone tell me the name of the picking style just so i can know what it is called

I'm not the best authority on the subject, since I don't know that song, and I'm not an expert on travis picking, but all travis picking really is is picking a melody with the fingers while the thumb plays a bassline. If the song involves polyphonic melody and basslines, then I'd say the answer to your question is yes.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Travis picking usually refers to a type of playing associated with country, rockabilly, and occasionally jazz. I would just consider that song to be plain ol' fingerstyle. I don't really see why it matters what it's called, though.