Hi. I'm putting a new neck on my strat and I just can;t get my strings to stop buzzing! i've never adusted a truss rod before but the neck was bowed foward So tightned it ( truned it to the right) an it seems to look like it still bowed a little foward around the 1-3 frets. Now I didn't want to tighten it much more becasue I'm afaride I might snap the rod.

Any suggestions?
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Take it to a shop, never mess with the truss rod unless you know how or are a professional. Otherwise you would risk your guitar.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Well the way I see it, I only payed $40 for the neck and it'll cost me almost that to get adjusted so I minus well take a crack at it. I'll never learn inless I try it myself.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Turning it to the right will tighten it, creating up bow.

If you are buzzing raise your action.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Just leave it for like 30 minutes and come back to it. With a new neck that has never had string tension on it, it may take a bit of adjustment to get perfect. It is really nothing to be worried about as long as you take it slowly and don't do anything dumb.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by Oosh.
Take it to a shop, never mess with the truss rod unless you know how or are a professional. Otherwise you would risk your guitar.

Chances are you aren't going to break anything unless you force it. Messing with the TR isn't really a big deal.

Also, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602241 should have all your answers.

Thread really belongs in Electric Guitar, as truss rod adjustments and adjusting action really aren't "mods" to your guitar.