im no electrician, but im getting sick and tired of the insane amount of hum that bridge pickup produces so im looking to install a humbucker in the same spot, there is no problem structurally with my guitar [prettey much a strat copy but weighs a ton] same with the faceplate, i oculd just bore that out but my question is does anyone know how to wire pickups like this?

also opinions on if it will improve my guitar or not...

tl;dr? how do i wire a humbucker

also witch brand of humbucker should i look for, i play a lot of indie and punk.

any opinion helps.
Quote by Pilots
Discrepancy: While at 110 KIAS and 35 deg AOB with full right pedal, trims would not keep helicopter in correct Outer roll loop.

Corrective action:
Could not duplicate on ground. 11A799. NPPC
Last edited by played[out] at Mar 18, 2009,
Get one of those single coil sized humbuckers. Try Hot Rails or something?
And go on the pickup manufacturer website of whom made your pick up and find a diagram on there.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Oosh. at Mar 18, 2009,
The wiring will essentially be the same, but you're going to need 500K potentiometers instead of the 250K that you have for the single coils ATM.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
Quote by hotdog_warmcat
The wiring will essentially be the same, but you're going to need 500K potentiometers instead of the 250K that you have for the single coils ATM.

ok that makes sense, sould i replace all of the pots and just redo the wiring if that would be the case?
Quote by Pilots
Discrepancy: While at 110 KIAS and 35 deg AOB with full right pedal, trims would not keep helicopter in correct Outer roll loop.

Corrective action:
Could not duplicate on ground. 11A799. NPPC