Okay, I'm pretty sure the guitar chord progression is C#, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the synth chords are. They sound really cool, despite being a little low in the mix. Can anyone with a good ear figure out what the chords are?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afUMXLJ8zB0

Ignore the video itself, it's the only one I could find that had just the one song on it. The chords I'm talking about come in at about 1:22. They're pretty faint, but they come in a bit louder at 1:36. Could someone with a good ear tell me what they are?
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
no real synth part.

This is post production stuff and is done to "fill up" the mix.

But if you must;

The equivalent of this on guitar is as followed;

D|-4-------3-|
A|-5--and--5-|
E|-----------|

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 18, 2009,
^I'm aware it wasn't a true synth, but it wasn't a guitar.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
^I'm aware it wasn't a true synth, but it wasn't a guitar.

Ye, producers do that alot. It's too fill up the sound, to create 1 solid thing.

"Bad" producers usually compress everything to make it as 1 volume, but this is far more subtle, and musical.

It's because not all frequencies off all the instruments crossover perfect, so you have gaps. If you try to Eq the gaps out, you change the character of the unique sounds of the instruments, thus why they add synths.

It's loosely related to "wall of sound" production.

You can google that to see more examples of how to create a "Fuller sound" without losing the timbre qualities of all the instruments.

It's 1 of the main reasons, why a productions sounds "professional" or not.

The best examples are pop songs, which are the pinnacle of this. The compositions are often musical very simple, but the production is on some songs astounding.

How can you fill the gaps, without majorly changing the sound.

It can make all the difference.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 18, 2009,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Ye, producers do that alot. It's too fill up the sound, to create 1 solid thing.

"Bad" producers usually compress everything to make it as 1 volume, but this is far more subtle, and musical.

It's because not all frequencies off all the instruments crossover perfect, so you have gaps. If you try to Eq the gaps out, you change the character of the unique sounds of the instruments, thus why they add synths.

It's loosely related to "wall of sound" production.

You can google that to see more examples of how to create a "Fuller sound" without losing the timbre qualities of all the instruments.

It's 1 of the main reasons, why a productions sounds "professional" or not.

The best examples are pop songs, which are the pinnacle of this. The compositions are often musical very simple, but the production is on some songs astounding.

How can you fill the gaps, without majorly changing the sound.

It can make all the difference.

Not to sound rude, cause I appreciate you telling me what the chords were, but I kind of knew all that stuff already about "filling up" the mix. I used to be a sound engineer for my church.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!