OK, well now every time i plug my guitar into my amp, very little noise comes out regardless of how high i turn my amp's volume up. I have to constantly turn it off and on and plug my cable in and out for like 20 minutes for it to start working again. I know its not a problem with my guitar and probably not a problem with my cable, but i think its something with the amp or amp jack. Can anyone help me out in fixing this problem?

My amp is a Crate XT65R in case that helps.
Any pedals? If you have a wah and something else mae sure the wah goes in the line before the others, thats what fixed my same problem last time.
Smart Pothead and Proud
Just to prevent anybody from looking stupid, check the volume on your guitar. I don't know that amp that well. Is it tube or SS? If it's the first, when was the last time changed the tubes? If they're out, there's your issue, and easily fixed. Otherwise, I'm no help and you need somebody who is.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
Just to prevent anybody from looking stupid, check the volume on your guitar. I don't know that amp that well. -Zakkcd

Had this problem in Mansons... The place where they make Guitars for Muse, Led Zep and other famous people...
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
no pedals with it, its a solid state amp, and the volume is all they way up on my guitar, i think im gonna unscrew the jack in the amp and make sure everything is wired right.
I would take it to a repairman, sounds like a connection is loose or one of the chips has gone bad.

check that those two wires are connected.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011