My birthday is coming up soon! I need to decide on a bass amp. Nothing fancy just the highest wattage for the cheapest price. I want a 20-30 watt for around $100-150. I had two amps in mind a Peavey MAX 110 and Acoustic B20. Both are the same wattage. I play mostly punk and I'm gonna be playing in a garage if that matters.
Peavey is a really good brand.
But I don't really like their MAX series.
I played their MAX 115 and didn't particularly like it.

I never played Acoustic, but that brand has gotten really good review and I'm sure someone here can tell you how great it is.

Trying looking for used. Because for $100-150 you can find a combo with like 50+ wattage.
well I have a Line 6 Low Down 15, only 15 watts, but has some cool effects, such as an Octaver, Envelope filter, Chorus, along with 4 different amp settings built in. I think its cool. $150. Loud enough for me, and I play in a band.

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
Last edited by Caltelt at Mar 18, 2009,
Quote by gwath42
Peavey is a really good brand.
But I don't really like their MAX series.
I played their MAX 115 and didn't particularly like it.

I never played Acoustic, but that brand has gotten really good review and I'm sure someone here can tell you how great it is.

Trying looking for used. Because for $100-150 you can find a combo with like 50+ wattage.

This, it is by far the worst amp i have ever played through
Quote by jimmy_neutron
This, it is by far the worst amp i have ever played through

whats a good amp for 150 then?
Peavey Gives Good Bang For Your Buck I Have The Peavey Max 700 And It Slays Anything In Its Path A Big Brutal Sound Or Nice Intimate Sound
Quote by aquagrave
Peavey Gives Good Bang For Your Buck I Have The Peavey Max 700 And It Slays Anything In Its Path A Big Brutal Sound Or Nice Intimate Sound

You only need to capitalise proper nouns and the first letters of sentences you know...

To the TS, try going used, there'll probably be a sweet deal out there for that price if you look around enough.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
i think thats a program built into the forums that changes posts typed IN ALL CAPITALS to only capitalising the first letter of each word.

But yeah on topic, used is a good way to go, you could probably pick up a pretty decent used acoustic or ashdown amp, both giving you bang for your buck
i have a B20 its a good clean amp to play through, if you crank the volume you can get some distortion, its bass, there supposed to be pretty clean.
or try the roland "cube"...but acoustic blows it away. Acoustic is an awesome amp
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Quote by solid_moose
You only need to capitalise proper nouns and the first letters of sentences you know...

To the TS, try going used, there'll probably be a sweet deal out there for that price if you look around enough.

Quote by Captain Insano
Check out the Orange Crush series. Probably the best practice amps out there.

beaten to it...

how much do they retail for in the us though? the 35 watt one here is at least 120 quid