Hey there Pit

I was wondering, I know many of you want to do something music-related when you're older, most people want to make it huge, and don't believe that there is any other worthwhile side of music.

So what is it you want to become, if not a megastar? The "true" musicians seem to want to do something musical because they love it, what would this be? Opening a guitar shop? Teaching? Or something else?

This is to satisfy my own curiosity, and silence the people that don't believe in being a musician for anything other than money and fame.

And away we go...
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You are a bad man...I like you

Quote by gillehy
you sir should be knighted

Quote by Sleaze Disease

It's so true.

I

MUSIC!!!
Whilst I'd be happy to make it big, even if I did, I'd love my own place with like a guitar academy/bar with live acts/guitar shop.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
i would not mind having my own guitar shop but that would take alot of business skills hah which i dont have i have been thinking about a guitar luthier or audio engineer
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
i would like to be a music journalist, or, if i could ever make it, a columist in Guitar Techniques
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
i wanna own a recording studio. i actually put that first before making it big haha.
since im doing music in college i dont really have to much of a choice

id like to be a session musician but if not maybe A&R...thats hard work though
Sig space available, give me some praise
As much as I'd like to become a famous musician, it's not gonna happen.
I'm also interesting in computers, so I'd like to apply that to music/guitar gear. Work for a pedal company like Digitech or something.
Make it big or teach...but not like teaching middle schoolers how to play itsy bitsy spider-more like Berklee or something like that.
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
I don't have any intentions to be a rock star. I am working on becoming a professional composer, mostly in the contemporary classical and popular music realm. I plan to work on a studio basis and by commissions. I might teach violin/guitar/music theory on the side.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'd first off, like to just play music for a living. It doesn't have to big megastar or anything, just enough to get by. I think I'd be happy all my life if that happened. If that doesn't, well then I'd probably just try to work in a music shop or something involved in the realm of music. And if that falls through, ****, flippin burgers is what I deserve.
record store guy?
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
I'd like to have a band and make music 'cus I love music.
I wouldn't mind having it as a full time job, but I don't count on it.
And I'd rather have a small dedicated fan base, rather than a big one that dissappears whenever you're not actual on the news or whatever.

Teaching guitar would also be nice.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
I plan on going to college and then university for guitar, but I want to be either a session player in a studio or run my own shop/rehearsal area with some friends

I don't have aspirations of fame I just enjoy playing
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Owning a recording studio or being a sound engineer or music producer would be pretty cool.
Quote by VanCamp
Pee on things.

Quote by tukk04
back in black-AC/DC
because maybe it'd revive me instantly
i just hope i don't come back black

My Gear
Epiphone SG
Roland 15 Watt Cube Amp
Samick J-2 Acoustic
Owning a recording studio would be pretty cool. Or being a band manager... or being a band / freelance music photographer.... they would all be pretty fun.
i'd obviosuly be happy if i make it somewhere in the music business,but teaching would be a good second option for me
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

"That's what i spend most of my time doing,breathing a lot.I like air"-John Frusciante
Working on trying to make it ATM! But failing that I'd love to own a Studio and/or a Guitar Store! but if I ever get big then the plan after touring & **** slows down was to go into Producing!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Id like to work on record studio, or be a musician?
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
I Want To Be A Music Producer/New-Talent Scout...I Would Also Like To Have A Shop Where Musicians Can Come And Hang Out. A Bar/Club Thing Where The Most Talented Musicians In The Area Can Come And Threoretically Help Starting Players For Free, So They Can Pass The Torch To The Next Generation.

Just A Place Where Musicians Can Converse And Hang Out.
Tbh I don't know what I want to do, but definately something in music. I've picked a course at uni that covers alot so who knows. Could end up producing, engineering, teaching or something. Getting big would be rather nice though.
I plan to further become a bedroom producer in my spare time as I study, and get a band together and play local venues. Chances are that's as far as I'll get, but the whole production/engineering side of modern music does interest me greatly, I just wish I'd pursued it earlier.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X