I Just got an Epiphone 1966 G-400 and I broke about 3 set of strings in like 3 weeks. This never happened with my Fender Strat! I am getting Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 10-48 guage strings. One of my strings broke by the nut, and the another one broke by the bridge. Please tell me whats going on. Or am I just rocking to hard!
Could be you're just a little heavy handed lol. But more likely I think that there's a sharp edge on your bridge and possibly on your nut was well, easily fixed but probably don't try sanding/filing anything unless you know what your doing
Haha sharp edge on your nut.... um well I used to break strings like crazy but now it's fairly rare anymore
did you buy the strings in a pack? or each set on its own? check your bridge/nut/tuners for sharp edges. if you find any, file them down. if that fails, switch string brands. i think ernie ball strings are immensly overrated, and break relatively easy.
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
dont rock too hard, i used to always break strings like that but now i just turn the volume up a bit more and use my middle fingernail, gives me more prescise strumming/fingerpicking and haven't broke my strings once since doing that (used to use .48 plectrums too)
Check your bridge. There is most likely a sharp point somewhere on it.
If everything could ever feel this real forever,
If anything could ever be this good again,
The only thing I'll ever ask of you,
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when.
^ Well yes if thats the reason why your bringing it in, I think its worth a look over.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95