hey guys i need a scale for a riff. im makeing a intro riff and am having a hard time on wat scale to use?? my guitar is 25 frets ok...
I commend you for your descriptive post, which was not vague in any way at all.

First off, what style of music are you looking to play?
Second, the bit about your supposed 25 fret guitar is irrelevant.
Quote by sch3kt3r
hey guys i need a scale for a riff. im makeing a intro riff and am having a hard time on wat scale to use?? my guitar is 25 frets ok...

You are doing it the wrong way round.
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
could you possibly tell us the chords as well?
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
i am playing like GNR and stuff like that i have a 25 fret schecter guitar omen 6 diamond series. and 2 humbuckers i need some ideas...
kinda like sweet child of mine,,,,,,,,,,, or the day that never comes by metallica.
well then improvise off the style of slash..

he is mainly you know...a pentatonic kinda guy?
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Yeah. You play around with it until you come up with something good.
count the frets again buddy, the last one with no fret iron doesn't count as a fret...its 24

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
and i suggest minor scales and harmonic minor.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
wtf?
1. It's completely irrelevant that you guitar has "25" frets, two humbuckers and that it's a schecter.
2. You failed to mention the most important thing: style of music
3. One generally writes a riff and builds up from there and the riff doesn't really come from scales, hence the name: riff based song.
4. I f you must: Minor/Major pentatonic or Blues scale or Dorian mode (I think it's the dorian mode-the one really close to natural minor and to minor pentatonic)
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
well, my suggestion is to develop a root to your song. Yorr building a roof before youve laid the foundation. Once you have a general rythem and chord progression to your song it should be easier to get your riff down or at least give us a starting point to help you with your riff.