I need some help on picking some strings

I need strings that can go to drop C with still a decent amount of tension but also tune to standard

Any help?

EDIT: I'm looking for specific gauges
Quote by BladeSlinger
If I was 21 I'd buy you a crystal decanter full of 100 year old brandy to commend you.
Last edited by Fearnohamsters at Mar 18, 2009,
D'Addario are great
Gear
-----
Ibanez SA-S32 FMTL
Engl Screamer Head
Engl SS412 V60 Celestion
Engl Z5 Footswitch
Ibanez Delay
BOSS MegaDistortion
go for somethin like DR High Beams, but nothin with a low E of 60 gauge
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12
Massive pedal board
Spector Legend Custom 5 string
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
10's would be stupid for playing in Drop C, wouldn't it? I'm not using those low tunings, so it's just a guess, but I'll tell you, my strings feel loose enough when they're just a half step down from standard, and they're 10's.
Yeh 10s are what i'm using now they are not tight enough.
I was think Beef slinkys anyone ever used them?
Quote by BladeSlinger
If I was 21 I'd buy you a crystal decanter full of 100 year old brandy to commend you.
Last edited by Fearnohamsters at Mar 18, 2009,
D'adderio xl 10-52 skinny top heavy bottom
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Yeah, i'd check out 11's if I were you.
Or, if the treble strings are too heavy with 10's, i strongly suggest a hybrid-style set with thick low strings and 10's for the high strings.
.10-.52 i think they are?

I know GHS Boomers TNT set and GHS PROgressives Dave Mustaine signature strings come in this gauge set, and if i recall they're pretty popular among other manufacturers too. ]

The Boomers I'd recommend for brighter sounding guitars - Strats and the like. The PROgressives are alot brighter and sound awesome with humbuckers, dark guitars, Les Paul styles, etc.

You're gonna want thicker low strings to go that low so they don't flop all over the place and screw with your intonation and go sharp when you pick hard. The high strings I've found to be more a question of preference.

I recommend GHS strings very VERY strongly. I've NEVER broken a GHS string. NEVER. And I've been using them for about 5 years. I did however, before that, break COUNTLESS sets of D'Addarios and Ernie Balls.
using 11's on my low tuning guitar atm, nice tension, still plays well ;> d'addario btw
Guitars:
Fender stratocaster california series (usa)
Gibson Les Paul classic (1960)
Amps:
ENGL Fireball 60W - Framus FR 2x12 Celestion v30's
Pedals: POD x3 LIVE, BOSS OD-1
GAS: Pedals