I was wondering what the difference between regular slinkys and power slinkys. Just wondering cause i am getting new strings and want to know the tonal difference.

Before anyone asks, i cant just go try them out. The only guitar store near me only one brand of bass strings.

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
The biggest difference is the gauge of the strings, which is how think they are. Larger numbers indicate a thicker string. And obviously, thicker strings produce a thicker tone. Past that, I'm not sure if there are any more differences.
oh yeah in terms of tone they will sound a little thicker and will be better for downtuning.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
they are very bright when you first put them on but they die withing a few weeks(EB bass strings in general)

If you like the brightness though, have a look at rosotound 66s and stadium elites
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
well i play rock, metal, dont down tune a whole lot much. I would like them to be somewhat flexible tonewise though. What would you guys suggest?

Current Gear
Schecter Stiletto Elite-5LH
Dean E09L
Line 6 LD15
Quote by ScottB.
they are very bright when you first put them on but they die withing a few hours(EB bass strings in general)

If you like the brightness though, have a look at rosotound 66s and stadium elites

fixed

i put a set of EB strings on my bass for a recording session (it was a last minute deal my local shop didn't have rotos) and i was literally putting the strings on in the car on the way to the studio. we played the session and it all went well. i got home went to bed and woke up to completely dead strings
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
get rotos.

if you are using the interwebz to buy, look up the Roto 99, I hear from very reliable sources that they happen to be sexier than hell.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
i use EB 50s on my bass and they've sounded great since....november......im to poor to change the strings, but it doesnt sound dead at all.
Try adding more delay.
EB strings aren't that bad...they're kind of like Fenders though. They do lose their initial brightness fairly quickly, and they can lose quite a bit of it, but they're not dead...they actually last quite a while before becoming truly dead. (I would know, I've played on a set of each for at least a year each, 1.5 for the EB's.)
Nope, no sig here.