I'm considering getting a Traynor amp. One of the YCV80s in particular. What is the difference between the 4x10 and the 2x12? I'll probably get the 2x12 extension cab also because I like closed back enclosures more than open back. So I could get an open back 2x12 with a closed back 2x12, or an open back 4x10 with a closed back 2x12. What are the tonal differences between 4x10s and 2x12s?
Tens will have less emphasis on bass and more on the middle frequencies. Tens have a bit more of a creamy overall sound.

Twelves sound bigger and boomier.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
12s have quicker and louder bass response
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12
Massive pedal board
Spector Legend Custom 5 string
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
I was under the impression that the 4x10 would have more bass response because most bass cabs use them. But I mainly play 80s stuff like Poison, Scorpions, Skid Row, GNR, Motley Crue, etc. Which would be better for that? Most of the time, I'll probably bypass the combo speakers and just use the extension cab since I like closed back more anyway. I'm leaning toward the 4x10 because it'll have more tonal options. But would a 4x10 sound good with a 2x12 together for my music? I know 2 2x12s will sound good.
If you're lookin to use a closed back cab anyways I'd consider getting a head and a 2x12. You could probably find a YBA-1 head (basically a superlead clone IIRC) and 2x12 cab.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not