I'm a huge Radiohead fan but I struggle to find the tones Jonny uses on songs like:

Paranoid Android (Distorted tone in the second "section", around 3:16)
Go To Sleep (Dirty around 2:28)
Just (His clean tone, and distorted tone)
or My Iron Lung (Clean around 3:51)

I have a 7 band EQ and a Tele, and I've looked up some of his gear to see what he's using, but there's no distortion pedal listing (apparently he uses some Solid State amp distortion) and I know he has the lace sensor pickups, but anyone have any tips on what to do to get those signature tones?

Thanks.
He uses a Shredmaster Marshall pedal a lot, discontinued i think
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
Marshall Shredmaster would be your best bet. Finding one is the bigger problem.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I have a shredmaster clone, its really good. However, 'the' tone comes from running that into a boss sd-1 overdrive (set to low gain) to remove the fizzy distortion. Results in a powerful, focused high gain tone.

the 'just' clean is quite compressed i think. use a compressor.

a lot of it is about how you play. Really hammer it out, and i find holding your pick almost as if youre going for pinch harmonics all the time (but not quite getting there) works really well too.
jonny runs a Vox AC30 for his cleans, like Ed and Thom do, and for his hyper distorted sound, it's a Marshall Shredmaster into a Fender Solid State combo (I think it's called an 85 or something). Around The Bends - era, he also used a ProCo Rat for some distorted tones, and a Boss SD-1 for some lighter overdriven tones (he still uses both pedals if I'm not mistaken).
Remember aswell, that even though he's using a Tele, it's a Plus model with the humbucker in the bridge.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i love radiohead's tone as well. any ideas to get that super fuzz sound of myxmatosis? it hardly sounds like a guitar
gear:
Charvel 750XL w/ Duncan SH15
Squier Affinity HSS strat
Orange Tiny Terror Combo
Yamaha RBX 170 bass
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff Tone Wicker
EHX Stereo Electric Mistress
Hardwire Delay
Vox V-847A Wah
Artec Dual Boost
Boss EQ
Quote by Kurapica
Remember aswell, that even though he's using a Tele, it's a Plus model with the humbucker in the bridge.

two red lace sensors wired as a humbucker, quite a difference.

Distorted tones are, as has been mentioned, from shredmaster > sd-1 > clean channel of fender deluxe 85 solid state combo

Cleans vox ac30.
Myxomatosis is (i think) mainly bass through a shin - ei companion fuzz.

do a google search for radiohead gear, this is all well documented.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
jonny runs a Vox AC30 for his cleans, like Ed and Thom do, and for his hyper distorted sound, it's a Marshall Shredmaster into a Fender Solid State combo (I think it's called an 85 or something). Around The Bends - era, he also used a ProCo Rat for some distorted tones, and a Boss SD-1 for some lighter overdriven tones (he still uses both pedals if I'm not mistaken).

this

But its hard without his unique Tele. i mean it's rewired, it's a discontinued Tele Plus, it has a push/pull button and it has lace sensors. Even with the right pedals it's still quite hard to get the sound.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?
in addition to all of that, you also win the thread.

Quote by metallica724
>:O littlejoy isnt a creep hes full of win unlike you
Quote by krumpinjugger
i love radiohead's tone as well. any ideas to get that super fuzz sound of myxmatosis? it hardly sounds like a guitar

That sound is actually a synth pedal thing. Colin uses it in Exit Music towards the end.
shoolocomous is almost right i think... around the bends he added an sd-1 i think.. someone may be able to confirm that date.. as well as the shreadmaster.. alot of the high gain stuff is his bridge pickup (lace redred dually really hot like 30k impedance) into the SD-1 then into the shreadmaster (99.9% sure its that way around) then into a high impedance volume pedal which just makes things even more distorted.. its such a unusual selection but he can make it work !