should i get one?
i want the heaviest meanest preferably digital amp
for like 200-300 AUS
Use.
The.
Fucking.
Searchbar.

No. You shouldn't. Budget? Location?

You're a quick editor. I can't really help with AUS prices to be honest. But no. If you can, get a Cube.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
i live in Radelaide
and i have a jackson js1 dinky and i want distortion and lots of it
preferably a digital amp
NONONONONO. just NO. try a roland cube or a vox valvetronix series
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by satcre3
is it any good for metal
should i get one?
for like 200-300 AUS

Go for it, for the price it is "the meanest digital amp". I would recommend the Spider II over the III, for some reason the III is not a good update. I play everything from metallica to opeth to iron maiden to system of a down. It handles metal very well.

However if you wanna be really cheap just get a few pedals like the "metal zone".
Why digital? If all you want is "the heaviest, meanest amp" just get a Peavey Envoy and a Metal Muff.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
What sort of metal we talking hear?
Cause tbh if you just want for metal and just metal alone if you can get it cheap (ebay or something) id go for it if you playing stuff like trivium and bullet, like the moddern metal core stuff but if you want a more vintage thrashy metallica type tone then id get the cube or vox valvetronix which still aint the best for the that sort of stuff but is better than the spider.

Like preivously said if you do get a spider get a spider II not III, and again if its for more modern metal only cause its completely awfull for everything else.
Also i can't stress enough how much you should buy used stuff if its in good quality.
i have the spider 3. its pretty dam good but i havent tried much else except a crappy fender amp
Get it if you're looking for a digital. If not, it's not worth wasting your hard earned cash.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Quote by satcre3
is it any good for metal
should i get one?
for like 200-300 AUS

Then you want a Vetta or a HD147 both of which you cant afford.

Non digitial but SS would be an Ampeg VH140C (meanest SS amp to ever grace the planet)

Other then that I would ditch the spider idea and go with a Peavey Vypyr, excellent amps for the money and actually sound quite good.
i heard that valvetronix amps can handle thrash well if thats what ur into or w/e but go for a fender twin reverb?
Quote by Zakk_Lp
What sort of metal we talking hear?
Cause tbh if you just want for metal and just metal alone if you can get it cheap (ebay or something) id go for it if you playing stuff like trivium and bullet, like the moddern metal core stuff but if you want a more vintage thrashy metallica type tone then id get the cube or vox valvetronix which still aint the best for the that sort of stuff but is better than the spider.

Like preivously said if you do get a spider get a spider II not III, and again if its for more modern metal only cause its completely awfull for everything else.
Also i can't stress enough how much you should buy used stuff if its in good quality.

i play modernish metal
and basically the music where theres so much distortion that the amp is about to blow up ><
and i like bullet and stuff

Just to verify
i cannot get a peavey
cos no one here sells them
The Cube or my earlier Envoy+Metal Muff suggestion is the best you can do in your price range. The Spider sucks balls.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Last edited by shadow__666 at Mar 18, 2009,
Quote by Xhale1
i heard that valvetronix amps can handle thrash well if thats what ur into or w/e but go for a fender twin reverb?

Dude....

You're joking, right?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
i think im gonna go for a secondhand amp and if i can find one suggested ill buy it
Show us what you can find first, so we can help you.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by stratman_13
Dude....

You're joking, right?

lmao thats why i just put a question mark next to it. i just threw that out there
you srsly need to learn to not just dime gain every time to get tons of gain. trust me, most of the bands you listen to probably have them at like, 5. you'll never really find good tone if you just think that more distortion = better. that being said, look at what youve got on the used market
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
you srsly need to learn to not just dime gain every time to get tons of gain. trust me, most of the bands you listen to probably have them at like, 5. you'll never really find good tone if you just think that more distortion = better. that being said, look at what youve got on the used market

+1000
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Whoever said Line 6 Spider III is good....shame on you

But the Spider II isnt half bad. I personally love the thing

Get a 'cube. Best bet you got. And order online for a peavey. Im sure theres some AUS store online that sells'em
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by astrosaki
yeah, get a spider 4

NO NECRO BUMPING!

BTW the spider IV is worse than the III when it come to metal.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me