Hey guys, have a bit of a problem and before I start ripping my guitar apart, wanted an opinion. I recently changed my guitar strings to 9's. I don't know what was previously on them, I found a GTX33 in a pawn shop for $100 and is in absolutely great shape ( hard to find these anymore ). Anyways, strings were old and when I loosened the locking nuts, the strings were severed there, so replaced them.

My problem now is that many strings buzz, even when tuned to standard. I think it might be the strings ( Diadarrio 9's ). I figured if I removed a spring from the backside, maybe this would stop this from happening? The bridge is a TRS-101, which I thought was a Floyd Rose rip but it says licensed by Floyd Rose on the bridge.

The springs are currently setup like this ( if it matters ). Two springs, one of each outter edge and one in the center. Thanks for any help.
first off, get rid of the ****ty D'addarios and get you some DR's, or even better, Ernie Balls. then come back and see me
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
^stop.

level the bridge. and raise the bridge posts.

if you need further help there's a Floyd and a standard setup page at top of this section.

the 9's probably allowed the neck to relax a little.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Heh, I will pop the other spring back in, just wanted to see what would happen after I popped one out. Works, sorta, more like a hack. Still buzz every here and there and the strings tuned to C feel extremely loose.

Just before I saw the bridge posts and thought maybe that would be something to mess with, but haven't yet. Will put the other spring back in and try that method, seems like it would be better.

And GHimself, this is the first time I've used Diaddario's. I moved to a very small hick town and have to do with whats available. I didn't plan to use these again, my thick E string came with a nasty little bend halfway down the string
well you have to make sure the bridge is level not raised.

also, if the buzz is at the first few frets, you'll want to measure neck relief.
in addition to adjusting the bridge posts.

please check out the floyd tutorial too, it's got all the info you need.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by GODhimself37
first off, get rid of the ****ty D'addarios and get you some DR's, or even better, Ernie Balls. then come back and see me

D'Addarios beat the **** out of Ernie Balls.

In my opinion.

A good set-up for your guitar would do great things TS.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by DespisedIcon

In my opinion.

meh.. I think EB sounds better, but daddarios do last longer. In terms of feel, i have no preference as I now dislike both after I tried DR. DR is the God of strings.

anyways, you should take it to a tech or try setting up the floyd first. Youknow, the angle and springs and everything like that.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by DespisedIcon

In my opinion.

D'addarios are too.... rough. its hard to slide and they are just plain bad feeling on your fingers. DR's feel to electricy(dont exactly sound natural) but they are great for legato's. Ernie balls are the lovechild of the two, with none of the disadvantages
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by GODhimself37
D'addarios are too.... rough. its hard to slide and they are just plain bad feeling on your fingers. DR's feel to electricy(dont exactly sound natural) but they are great for legato's. Ernie balls are the lovechild of the two, with none of the disadvantages

It's all personnal preferences
ಠ_ಠ