I'd like to record myself playing bass to songs (God, I'm bored lately). I hope this topic isn't too repetitive, but I'm trying to figure out how to get a solid framerate (what kind of camera?) and good audio, without aiming for an entire "studio" setup, if you will.

I do NOT want to directly input my bass into my computer (seems no interface has been able to get it quite right), opting instead for an external mic.

If it would simplify things, I could listen to the music via iPod and lay the audio over the video track LATER (rather than recording ambient bass and MP3). But I still need to figure out how to get the video...is a camcorder the best option for good framerate?
I'd get a Flip camera. They're made to Youtube specs and you can upload directly from them. My friend has one, and the sound quality at a live show was SICK.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
The way I did it is import the song into Pro Tools, then record audio into Pro Tools. My camcorder just recorded video, and I later lined the audio up to the video in another program (can't remember the name...). The result was pretty good, except it's a pain in the ass importing video from camcorders on PC. If I was doing it again, I'd get a very good webcam.