ok..so if im playing a harmonic minor scale.. lets say starting on the 10th fret A string
which would make this a G harmonic minor or something i guess.. but anywayss

how would i continue the scale across all the strings.. because it would go

G: 11
D: 10,12,13
A:10,12,13

right?

would i just keep playing the minor shape from the 11th fret or something?

sorry im just so confused
ohhh no the tab got screwed up ahhhhhhh!!!!!! you people are smart you can figure it out haha
Figure out what the notes are. Find them on the fretboard. Scales are not limited to box shapes like that. Any of the notes in the scale anywhere on the neck can be used.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Harmonic minor is just a regular minor scale with a sharpened 7th. Learn some basic music theory and the names of the notes on the neck. Being able to read music isnt essential to become a good player but knowing the names of the notes is in my opinon. Doing so will make you much more fluent and knowledgable player.
dfinch...not to be a douche, but if you knew music theory, youd know thats its sharped or raised, not sharpened, a knife is sharpened
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12
Massive pedal board
Spector Legend Custom 5 string
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
yeah.. im talking a music theory class next year i had having to be like uhhhh so ya the note on the 6th fret B string..
Quote by BassGuitarGod
dfinch...not to be a douche, but if you knew music theory, youd know thats its sharped or raised, not sharpened, a knife is sharpened

If you knew music theory you would know it is changed to a major seventh.
Quote by blueriver
If you knew music theory you would know it is changed to a major seventh.

Brilliant

To ts, you'd start the same shape again on the 12th fret of the G string. You ended on the 11th fret, which would be an F#. In G minor, F# is the leading tone, the note a half step below the tonic. It has the strongest pull to the tonic, your ear just wants it to go that half step up. Go up 1 fret to your tonic, and a begin the shape again. Just make sure you account for the B string!
Quote by salbarbz20
ohhh no the tab got screwed up ahhhhhhh!!!!!! you people are smart you can figure it out haha

I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE