Ok so I'm looking for something better than my ****ty Line 6 Spider. Some pretty heavy but some with good cleans and lead tones too. Ill probably get it used sooner or later and I'm about to turn 15 so I should be getting a part time job within the next couple of months, so I'll just save up. I know combo's are the best way to go, but I'm looking for a half stack for shows and recording. I really dig the guys sound from Six Feet Under. I'm looking for some thrashy/death metal type amp, something that won't get blurry as **** when you're playing at 100 mph *cough* spider *cough*. I was also jamming with my friend trying to write a few tasty jams along with his brother, and everything was awesome except my amp which was turned up SUPER loud along with his bros amp, and I thought to myself "If we play a gig with this crap, nobody will hear what we're playing!"

So I was looking at the Marshall DSL 100, Peavey 6505 (+ or not), Mesa Dual Rectifier, ENGL Powerball, Peavey JSX, or Randall RM100. Any suggestions?

Also for recording I dont want to spend too much on anything, preferably computer recording software. Suggestions with that also would be appreciated.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Out of the amps you rec'd I would go for a Randall RM100 with an XTC or Ultra module.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Until you give a price range... my suggestion is:

Randall RM100 - Blackface, Plexi/SL+, UltraXL
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I really don't have a price reange, preferablly below $2000 though and Ill will be getting it used no matter what.

EDIT: I also read somewhere that Chuck Schuldiner used Marshall Valvestate?! He had amazing tone. I never thought he had used SS... (technically hybrid)
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

Last edited by The Philosopher at Mar 18, 2009,
definitely used? hmm. I think youd really be good with a Randall RM, like suggested above.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
definitely used? hmm. I think youd really be good with a Randall RM, like suggested above.

you reccomend the randall RM with a budget of 2 grand
I really don't have a price reange, preferablly below $2000 though and Ill will be getting it used no matter what.

EDIT: I also read somewhere that Chuck Schuldiner used Marshall Valvestate?! He had amazing tone. I never thought he had used SS... (technically hybrid)[/QUOTE]

You can pick up one of those and still have plenty of cash left over for a real amp

There decent amps but they are 99% SS amps the tube/gimmick shoved on the board just adds a tad bit more warmth.

As for my vote I aggree with the people that stated the Randall RM100. Great amp and verastile. Will accomplish just what you need it to do...
im gonna say try out the engl powerball, supposed to be really good for death metal
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by PollyWntsCrack

If I've confused anybody, Im talking about a head+cab for 2 grand total. Not just the head.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki

oh and chuck used ss randalls mostly
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Well, you can get the RM series as combos too (and the 100w combo is PLENTY loud. Don't believe me, ask the guys in my local music shop who almost killed me when I pushed it to 3 with an XTC module).
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Holy-Diver
oh and chuck used ss randalls mostly

I forgot about that, but go here and click on about chuck, then click on equipment. He used both it says
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki

Quote by The Philosopher
I forgot about that, but go here and click on about chuck, then click on equipment. He used both it says

Early in his career he used Randalls then he made the switch to Marshall Valvestates (8100) later in his career. So depending on what era the amps you liked might be different.
Powerball or Dual recto
I'd look at the Engl Fireball too
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
mesa stilleto stage 2, insanely versitle and does the heavy stuff spot on
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
eh, his tone wasnt that great anyways. you can improve upon its basic idea
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by PollyWntsCrack

I used to have a Diezel Einstein and a Mesa Road King and my RM4/2:90 setup sounds better...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I say, Valvestate head ($250), then get a A/B switcher ($150), then a Mark IV head ($1300), and a Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 2x12 Cab.
Thanks for the help you guys, I appreciate it.

Also: If I were to get the Randall, what modules should I go with?
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki

there are a ton of options. I liked the XTC, XXL, and whatever one was designed after the recto. their clean ones are good too, depending on what your lookin for. I like the Blackface.

i believe they have a bunch of clips on the randall website. check em out. there are also a few sig series ones too
For what you want, I'd go for the XTC (my favourite of all the modules), an Ultra (Randall lead tone) and either a clean module (I recommend the Blackface) or something with crunch (I would suggest Plexi over Brown, but Brown is gainier).
Quote by Cathbard