hey im just wondering what tone settings i should use for my guitar to play sunshine of your love by Cream. im playing that song at a school gig and cant seem to find that right tone setting on my guitar. btw i have a Epi les pual standard.
That would depend on the amp...every amp sets up differently.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by bmanlp92
depends on wat kinda amp u have
i wld suggest putting on the rhythm pick up nd thn gigving urself a tiny bit of reverb

WTF is a rhythym pickup?
They are neck/bridge/middle

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
Quote by blue_bogan
WTF is a rhythym pickup?
They are neck/bridge/middle

Not a great picture, but you can still make out the word "rhythm":

The rhythm pickup is the same thing as the neck pickup.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
put down the tonw knobs on the guitar, much bass little trable, semi dist, semi high gain.
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
Power amp distortion.

Otherwise if you play a solid state amp, I found that I put the gain right up and turned my guitar volume quite low.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by LabradorBassist
I would Use the pick up selecter have way between two humbucker pick ups to get the classic woman tone.

i agree.
Quote by slafoo
Lol I love the fact you use the word majestic to describe titties... it's as if there are hundreds of titties majestically frollocking in a meadow somewhere *drifts off*
For sunshine of your love the amp was a vox ac30 apparently and it had all the eq settings put to 10 and the tone on the guitar turned down quite a lot.

I've come close to this sound by playing on the neck pickup with tone pretty low , like 2 or 3 maybe even less. Also a really good way is to turn the tone down abit, maybe to like 5 but play with the flesh of your thumb. You get a soft warm sound that sounds quite similar for the intro.