I'm the bassist in a hard rock band, and we've had a few gigs. At every gig we play a bunch of original material and a few covers. The problem is, people seem to think the covers we've been doing don't really bring out the best of the band. We don't want to drop covers completely, because they're a good way to get the crowd interested if they don't know you. If anyone has the time, based on the original songs on our myspace (www.myspace.com/disgracetohumanity), what are some covers you think would emphasize our strengths? Thanks.
i didnt listen to the songs, cant at the moment, but i know that if you want to do covers and they dont really 'fit' your bands style, make it your own. theyre covers, not exact replicas after all.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
My comp wont let me on your page, don't know why... what covers are you currently doing?
We do Blitzkrieg Bop, In Bloom, and Today (Smashing Pumpkins).

The guitar tone doesn't really come though too well, since those aren't studio recordings, but yeah, we'll work on that.

And thanks for the suggestion, we'll probably give some AiC a run next practice.
I reccommend your guitarist switch to a tube amplifier and turn up his low end a little and his mids. The guitar track simply doesn't have girth
Quote by Highwaytohell
I reccommend your guitarist switch to a tube amplifier and turn up his low end a little and his mids. The guitar track simply doesn't have girth

Yeah, it needs a thicker sound.
Your music sounds like its missing something. Do something to make it sound more full.