I have a peavey valveking 112 with a celestion v30 in it and it sounds great for most stuff. But when I play stuff like say Killswitch Engage it gets kinda mudled up and the notes dont all shine through. Is there anything I can do to make my sound tighter when Im doing fast picking or playing riffs that vary between my high and low strings? I have 11 gauge strings on with a wound G which I believe is the gauge that they use. I'm using the les paul in my sig. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
OD pedals are your friend.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
well i have a distortion pedal. i have the MD-2 but it sounds way to bassy when i play the lower strings and if i turn the bass on it down even a tiny bit it sounds too harsh. any tips? or pedal recommendations?
Gear:
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Ibanez EX
thanks IbanezPsycho. im really bad with the searchbar. i can never ever find what im looking for.
Gear:
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Ibanez EX
Quote by CemetaryGates90
thanks IbanezPsycho. im really bad with the searchbar. i can never ever find what im looking for.

No problem and the trick is to use the search link inbetween members list and new posts. Then pop in the info and select the correct drop downs. Thats how I find the Valveking link when I need it
Get an OD pedal and put the volume on the pedal to 10, and keep the gain at 0 (on the pedal).
It boosts the gain on the amp giving you way more metal.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
new speaker, high-gain preamp tubes, dummy jack mod, all of these things are probably on the VK list though.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
No problem and the trick is to use the search link inbetween members list and new posts. Then pop in the info and select the correct drop downs. Thats how I find the Valveking link when I need it

I never knew that.
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger