Ok I currently have an Ibanez JS1000 (Joe Satriani) and a Fender American Stratocaster.

[JS1000]
http://cachepe.samedaymusic.com/media/quality,85/brand,sameday/JS1000BP-83168a044d42b1487101ffe28e463461.jpg

[Strat]
http://erikguitars.com/catalog/images/FenderStratSunburst95NOS.jpg

And I own a [Line 6 Vetta II 150W Combo amp](An AMAZING modeling amp)
http://www.vettaville.com/photos/Vetta_II_Top-Front_Clr.jpg

I don't really use my strat and I was thinking of modding it, maybe replacing the pickups with some Seymour Duncan humbuckers, maybe replacing the bridge and/or painting it.(By IT I mean the guitar not the bridge) It could also be a good learning experience for me. Im thinking when If I mod my Strat I could get a heavier sound and It would also give me a reason to use both guitars.

If what I listen to helps you at all, I listen to everything from Blink 182, The Devil Wears Prada, A Day To Remember, Paramore, Joe Satriani, Silverstein... Mainly Post Hardcore, Metalcore, some Pop Rock, some Metal and Nu Metal, pretty wide spectrum of music but I prefer a more heavy sound.
Gear
Ibanez JS1000
DigiTech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Fender Strat
Vetta II
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Last edited by Nicko430 at Mar 19, 2009,
please don't mod a MIA strat, buy a cheap squier and go nuts in that instead. Then if your modding goes bad, you're only out 50 bucks or so, not 500 bucks
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
It's true, man, get a better amp. With a modeling amp, you could do all the mods in the world and you wouldn't know the difference. No more line 6.

Anyway,
Seymour duncans are a cool idea. You could replace the pickguard with an HH or HSH version.

Don't paint the bridge, it won't do any good... it'll all just come off.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster
^he didnt mean paintin the bridge he meant paint the guitar^
and by the way nick im pretty sure its a mexistrat not an american

Good God, has EVERYONE forgotten that only the Line 6 Spiders suck?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened

Good God, has EVERYONE forgotten that only the Line 6 Spiders suck?

its a vetta not a spider..... and second, spiders do not suck, they sound digitally and whiny, but hey...... some people like that.... personally, i have a spider for ultra uber distortion and as a large speaker for my gt -10.....

Back To TS: a cool idea i wanted to try was engraving, depending on the wood under the paint, what if you painted it black and engraved some sick emblem or someshyte into the wood, if the wood is ash or maple it would look sick, think about it.

Also, if you want heavier, try hsh, i always regret not having a single coil, dont limit your tonal possibilitys. But thats just me :P
~Defiant~
Quote by bv310
please don't mod a MIA strat, buy a cheap squier and go nuts in that instead. Then if your modding goes bad, you're only out 50 bucks or so, not 500 bucks

Dude, please tell me you know where to get a MIA Strat for $500
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.